Sisyrinchium
IMG_5019.JPG

IMG_5020.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
We never have much that looks good in June as ours is mostly a Spring garden, with azaleas and rhodos.
We have some roses on the patio, a few clematis and a second flush of wisteria blooms, but we won't have much more until things like our gladioli and many giant lilies bloom.

But we do have some dahlias which take over from the bluebells under this wisteria. I bought some smart plastic coated supports for them from Wilkos. A ring of strong garden wire will keep them tidy.

P1010709.JPG

This is the first to flower, we have two, it's their third year, I bought them in Tescos.

P1010751.JPG

These are our hebes, we bought in Wyevale three months ago. They've only just started to flower, There are two pink either side of a blue one in each trough.They'll need very little maintenance and remain tidy all year round.

We've had these troughs for several years now, bought in Wyevale. They were only made of cheap pine stained to look like cedar, but I painted them the same as all our garden woodwork. The cheap ply bottoms started to rot after a few years So I removed them and replaced them with two tanalised wooden rails this year, on which the plastic tubs sit. So no chance of any water gathering in them. A couple of blocks of the same wood keep them off the ground, so they stay looking good.

P1010750.JPG

Note the the wooden fixings in the varandah rail. You can't beat traditional craftsmanship.
Actually they are just short pieces of dowl, hammered into a wider diameter hole than the screws behind them that actually secures the joints.

P1010749.JPG

P1010748.JPG

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question