WHAT'S LOOKING GOOD IN JUNE 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Found a whole load of strawberries growing by the side of the road! They were in amongst all the weeds, who'd have thunk it :)

strawberries.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not sure on the exact variety, I thought they might be native ones because they're so small. Haven't tried one yet, I was worried about them being below 'K9' :confused:

Might pick a few today and give them a wash before tasting :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United Kingdom
small Alpine Strawberry's or Native's... Where or are often used to decorate Cakes At least they where way back in the old days Have not Seen it done in my time I'm way to young:) & Just pick them sometimes when I come across them in Gardens while Weeding. I HAVE ONE GARDEN THAT THE OWNER HASBEEN TRYING TO GET ME TO RID THEM :( BUT I ALWAYS LEAVE A FEW SO I CAN FORAGE WHILE WEEDING;) (I'd describe them as sweet but not vary juicy quite dry in comparison to the big fat variety's(y))

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
My native garden has so few flowers right now compared to normal. A combination of weather and rabbits have really effected things.

In by my pond, though, I'm starting to see a lot more color.

Penstemon digitalis started blooming today.
IMG_9387 copy.jpg

IMG_9384 copy.jpg

Dianthus "Arctic Fire" is in full bloom along my pond. It's one of only a few non-native species I still grow.
IMG_9402 copy.jpg

IMG_9408 copy.jpg

Here's my first waterlily of the year.
IMG_9435 copy.jpg

and my Prairie Smoke continues to put on a show. It doesn't always look this red, but the sunlight was hitting it just right. Even though the flower phase is great, many gardeners seem to grow it for the seed head stage, and I can understand it.
IMG_9431 copy.jpg

and some Blue-eyed Grass flowers, because I personally could never get enough of them.
IMG_9418 copy.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
small Alpine Strawberry's or Native's... Where or are often used to decorate Cakes At least they where way back in the old days Have not Seen it done in my time I'm way to young:) & Just pick them sometimes when I come across them in Gardens while Weeding. I HAVE ONE GARDEN THAT THE OWNER HASBEEN TRYING TO GET ME TO RID THEM :( BUT I ALWAYS LEAVE A FEW SO I CAN FORAGE WHILE WEEDING;) (I'd describe them as sweet but not vary juicy quite dry in comparison to the big fat variety's(y))

I tried some today - very delicate, almost melt in the mouth, but fairly tart (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question