What's looking good in August 2017

mg guy

lawn and garden freak
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
the coleus by the back gate has become a welcome shrub-and just continues to grow.

DSCF3998 (2).JPG

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya mgguy, no I keep some in pots as well as in the ground but if you use copper tape around the rim of the pots and careful about the soil to check no slugs etc. Hostas will be undamaged :)
That is indeed a big flower zigs :whistle:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United Kingdom
Not looking to good But then he is a Scarecrow & he has had to many at Cropredy music Festival :) I saw loads of Funny Scarecrows & I'll post them up when I get a chance But right now got to sort my garden out (y).................And don't worry I wont clutter this lovely column with them as its a bit to pretty for all them ugly lol
P1000078.JPG

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ha ha Daren (y)
Once made a guy for guy fawkes.....over 6' tall, cigarette in his mouth, dog's fur for his hair and beard, my clothes and shoes and a straw hat and to all intents and purposes looked like a person albeit a tramp like one. I drove through our local town in open top sports car at busiest time and the looks on peoples' faces were priceless. (y)(y)
My neighbour at the time thought it was me when he was sitting out back......cheek!! :unsure:
Go on Daren, let's see the scarecrows :)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Not looking to good But then he is a Scarecrow & he has had to many at Cropredy music Festival :) I saw loads of Funny Scarecrows & I'll post them up when I get a chance But right now got to sort my garden out (y).................And don't worry I wont clutter this lovely column with them as its a bit to pretty for all them ugly lol View attachment 25832

And I thought you were half way to heavens!:D

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Brown-eyed Susans are blooming the garden. Really a fan of this specie and wish it wasn't a biennial. They're really making the garden look great at a time of year where most other plants are beginning to wear out.
IMG_5811 copy.jpg

The only native annual I grow, Spotted Jewelweed started blooming today. It's a hummingbird favorite, and I'm hoping to grow a lot more next year.
IMG_5812 copy.jpg

Ask a Question