What's looking good in August 2017

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
What an unjust life a moth
Well, you have a photo here of a mature caterpillar (or big baby, however you want to look at it). When it is a little baby it looks like bird poop so the birds won't eat it. The adult moth may have a sad dress, but she can fly so i think that must be some compensation
laughing girl2.gif

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 b
Country
Russian Federation
@Beverly
you're right!
Once my teacher told me: "If you're wearing a simple jacket, feel yourself like you're wearing the most expensive coat on your shoulders."
Moth does not know anything about his dress. It does not even know how short it's life. I think the moth is happy! :D

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
@Larisa I agree she is happy to fly because that is what she is supposed to be doingView attachment 26505

@zigs i think the French for moth would be Papillon de nuitView attachment 26505

That's what I said mais en francaise c'est vrai :) sodding night butterfly, you;d think the language of love would come up with something better than that???

Should I compare thee to a summers day ? Thou art more lovely and more temperate. Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May...

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia

mg guy

lawn and garden freak
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
thanks-I like it and it should really take off next year.

like many of my hydrangeas it will get a hard prune in early spring, before it breaks dormancy.

this dwarf variety will get the same treatment.
DSCF3956.JPG

mg guy

lawn and garden freak
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
the storm that has devastated Texas arrived as a rain event here in SW Ohio-steady rain all day with gusty winds, a small cry from what happened to our south.

DSCF4039 (3).JPG

Ask a Question