What's in the news today?

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
In this country, all these sexing can be very dangerous territory. There is no way we can have an open debate as the premises is that we are wrong if "do not indulge in this splitting of hair"! I agree with the doctor, and yet in this country, if this 6-foot bearded man complained, the doctor would be sacked.

Earlier in the news, a woman claiming to be a lesbian asking for asylum in this country and yet was caught in bed with a man. All her antics are costing us money which we haven't got for decent reasons. :banghead: :unsure: To throw good money on this silly person infuriates me, but in this country, there is always means to find legal fee defending this "person"!

A French research has come up with the conclusion that muslims are less tolerant and some muslim on a forum "jumped on me" and another one with a muslim husband raised her complaint. No more debate on my part. I just left the forum. It's not even my opinion - it's the result of a French survey. Not that I believe in the result of the survey (there are ALWAYS people, press with an axe to grind!), but shutting down the debate leads us to no more enlightenment! I have to say punishing people for being in the wrong bodies is very cruel. I have time for this kind of genetic mischiefs ...

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom

This article was written a decade ago. There are Islam and Islam as SOME are fundamentalists who would not allow woman to drive a car .. and actively subjugate women. Also, arranged marriages amongst cousins are actually practised in some muslim countries. This practice has led to a lot of disabilities amongst their offspring because of the closeness in the bloodlines and the limited gene pool.

This strapline is intended to incite hatred against Boris Johnson of whom I am no fan! And he is certainly not fit to be a prime minister! But one has to see through the press, media to gauge various untold motives and agenda!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
What is your opinion on this please?

Primary school head boy, 11, who has NEVER cut his hair is 'told he must chop it off' to get a place at grammar school
  • Alfie Howard-Hughes, 11, told to cut hair by Colchester Royal Grammar School
  • But head-strong youngster has vowed not to buckle and lop off his long locks
  • His mother Katy Cox, 33, slammed the Essex school's hair policy as 'ridiculous'
  • Headmaster John Russell said it was a private matter and won't comment further

thought it was a girl

1564159263007.png

Should individuality be allowed to express itself or is conformity in school is more important?

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
It's not right for a boy to have long hair because the things that he has to do, like sports the mother must have wanted a girl.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
sum.jpg

What do you think the answer is?

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
View attachment 57004

What do you think the answer is?

This is so simple. 8 divided by 2(4) = 8 divided by 8 and hence the answer is 1 and nothing else. One needs to do the 2(4) first as 4 is STILL IN BRACKETS! Very funny to see people giving the answer 16!

This news article makes me laugh. Sorry for the misuse of Muslim garments. I don't mind genuine and nice people wearing them, but they do lend themselves to misuse (a male terrorist dressed as a woman!) and this one takes the biscuit!

Two women are 'caught using Muslim garments to steal food in Asda' - before exposing their underwear when challenged by staff
  • Incident believed to have happened at a supermarket in Dagenham, east London
  • Crowds gathered as two women in Muslim dress outed as shoplifters in Asda
  • Suspects hid around 20 items in their robes after snatching them from shelves
  • One lifts her dress up and flashes her knickers to show there are no more items
When challenged, this thief turned her garment inside out to reveal she has no more items inside, apart from flashing her knickers!:D:LOL:

1565242939131.png

One knows that this garment is to PROTECT MODESTY! Quite hilarious!

Having said that, I have been to this supermarket quite a few times, especially when Homebase was still open! I have seen a mother and daughter scanning items and the scanner screaming and screaming and yet as it was a Saturday, it was so busy, the lone attendant was always busy doing something else. These two went home with loads of free stuff and hailed a cab home!

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
This is so simple. 8 divided by 2(4) = 8 divided by 8 and hence the answer is 1 and nothing else. One needs to do the 2(4) first as 4 is STILL IN BRACKETS! Very funny to see people giving the answer 16!
I'm hopeless with maths so i used the calculator, it came up with 16.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States

HELSINKI — Norwegian authorities haven't been able to detect the cause behind an unexplained disease that is estimated to have killed dozens of dogs in the country in recent days, officials said Saturday.
The Norwegian Food Safety Authority said that it had been informed of another six cases of dogs falling ill, with two them already dead, all with the same symptoms of vomiting and bloody diarrhea.

Do hope they find the cause and find a cure.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Dogs do get symptoms of vomiting and diarrhoea with just an upset tummy, it's very common in golden retrievers. One of ours had it and it was a bit bloody diarrhoea but it cleared up. But it took a few months to get him back on his own food without it coming back, I've just managed it and he's been ok for 2 weeks so far. A few years ago a dog up our close was on a drip and they didn't know what it was, but he's fine now. :)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Read this piece of news and feel very badly for the victim who has been robbed of her life with her baby and she died in such a horrific way. The murderer might be a victim to failings of various agencies, but how about the poor mother-to-be?

Here is another sad news in which the mother really shouldn't have had the baby in the first place.

Yet another news in which 2 daughters have won the right to sue NHS for the Covid deaths of their parents 89 and 88 in care homes. Whilst I understand care home owners should take all precautions to protect their charge, this infectious virus has taken the world by surprise and is still mutating, I think it's unfair that these daughters expected so much from care homes. Even if they had lived with their parents, there would be no guarantee that they would have done a better job. These were very old and possibly frail men. It's great that people focus attention on the standards of care during Covid crisis, but to sue for the Covid deaths of 89 and 88 old men might be a bit entitled. They probably want to recoup their care home fees.

I often wonder if there are any code of conduct or due procedures to follow in government procurement procedures. The answer is probably

Last edited:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I laughed so much watching this!

If I bought such an expensive car, I would hire someone to teach me a day or 2 to familiarise with the car! Oh, dear! Manningtree is a beautiful place with a big lovely reservoir in it. I'd love to live in Manningtree, the car, not so keen!

Ask a Question