What's in the news today?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Well on the bright side, when they rebuild it there may be wifi! I bet the most challenging part of the redesign will be the acoustics. And the Rose window being saved is huge! Across the building from the rose window was a smaller room housing the bones of saints and splinters of The Cross and other relics that were interesting. I wonder how they fared?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
I look at this a a wake up call to all the world regarding proactive measures to put in place fire safety features in historic buildings. I heard it took 2 hours before the fire trucks could get to the church. that is two hours of burning. have no idea what fire safety features, leaving that to creative minds out there.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Will they chop down another forest when they rebuild?

France is full of forests. France is actually bigger than the UK! Now the brat Macron thinks he's a hero, unifying the country! Before, he had to be tough with Brexit to appear to be a leader! New build never has the same appeal to me!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
US Navy introducing guidelines for pilots to report UFO sightings

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/24/politics/us-navy-ufo-guidelines/index.html

Excerpt:

The Navy does not think that aliens have been flying in US airspace, one Navy official told CNN. But there have been "a number of reports of unauthorized and/or unidentified aircraft entering various military-controlled ranges and designated air space in recent years," according to the statement.

"These kinds on incursions can be both a security risk and pose a safety hazard for both Navy and Air Force aviation. For safety and security concerns, the Navy and the USAF takes these reports very seriously and investigates each and every report."

Ask a Question