alp

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Brussels plans to saddle UK with EU nuclear waste | Financial Times

https://www.ft.com/content/4cd8a146-3039-11e7-9555-23ef563ecf9a

4 May 2017 - Brussels plans to saddle UK with EU nuclear waste ... proposals by Brussels to transfer ownership of a range of nuclear materials to the UK after it leaves the EU. ... from Germany, Sweden and elsewhere for recycling at Sellafield. ... storing it under the commercial terms agreed with the exporting countries.

This is from Financial Times which wants us to stay in the EU!

Sorry can't read the article as it is pay per view. But the gist is clear!

alp

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
South Korea will work with China to rid its capital city of its toxic air using FAKE RAIN to wash away pollution
Perhaps, I should use the same method to cleanse the air around this area! Or open a factory to produce activated carbon! LOL!

Ad

Advertisements

alp

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
when-not-reading-the-fine-print-can-cost-your-soul

Article Here
Good article for a pick up tonic! To tell you the truth, I was very worried when the estate agent came with a pad and asked me to sign here and there and then when I downloaded the supposedly signed document, I couldn't find anything that correspond to what I had signed. Small print, especially more than 2 pages, is not inducive to fine-comb reading.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Good article for a pick up tonic! To tell you the truth, I was very worried when the estate agent came with a pad and asked me to sign here and there and then when I downloaded the supposedly signed document, I couldn't find anything that correspond to what I had signed. Small print, especially more than 2 pages, is not inducive to fine-comb reading.
I imagine that type situation makes one surreptitiously look for a red tail behind the agent? How is the new situation anyway?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
I've always said...Plants are like kids, they belong outside:censored:

Excerpt:

.....“I’ve seen it on so many pop internet sites—‘researchers from NASA’ is the common phrase you see,” Waring, the Drexel professor, said. He told me that there’s nothing especially wrong with Wolverton’s 1989 study. Its results “fall right in line with other stuff that’s been measured in the literature.”

But taking its results at face value significantly overstates the power of plants, he said. Wolverton measured whether houseplants could remove VOCs from an airtight laboratory environment. But a home is not a hermetic chamber. It has open windows and doors, drafts and leaks, and much more clutter.

Recently, Waring and his colleagues reanalyzed all 195 studies that have examined whether houseplants can filter the air. They found that some types of plants can remove higher amounts of VOCs than others. But once you factor in the effects of working in a large room, none of the plants are able to do much.

Waring told me to imagine a small office, 10 feet by 10 feet by eight feet. “You would have to put 1,000 plants in that office to have the same air-cleaning capacity of just changing over the air once per hour, which is the typical air-exchange rate in an office ventilation system,” he said. That’s 10 plants per square foot of floor space. Even if you chose the most effective type of VOC-filtering plant, you would still need one plant per square foot, Waring said....

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States

"I'm devastated," Elizabeth Caille, 58, who lives in the neighborhood, said. "It's a symbol of Paris. It's a symbol of Christianity. It's a whole world that is collapsing."

Construction of Notre Dame began in 1163 under the reign of King Louis VII, and the first stone was laid in the presence of Pope Alexander III.

Craftsmanship from 1100's onward a lot lost. A lot of artifacts lost. Article states not total loss, guess we will get the pictures over the next few days.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Well on the bright side, when they rebuild it there may be wifi! I bet the most challenging part of the redesign will be the acoustics. And the Rose window being saved is huge! Across the building from the rose window was a smaller room housing the bones of saints and splinters of The Cross and other relics that were interesting. I wonder how they fared?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
I look at this a a wake up call to all the world regarding proactive measures to put in place fire safety features in historic buildings. I heard it took 2 hours before the fire trucks could get to the church. that is two hours of burning. have no idea what fire safety features, leaving that to creative minds out there.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Ad

Advertisements

Ask a Question