What vegetable is your favourite to grow?

Reaction score
Country
Jamaica
I'm a big herb fan. The only vegetable I enjoy growing are tomatoes and they're technically a fruit. LOL. I love herbs and tomatoes because I can eat them off the stem or pot. I eat very little but constantly, that's why.

If you have herbs and tomatos, you can also make some killer dishes! Add some olive oil, balsamic vinegar with fresh veggies and some feta cheese for a great salad, add it to pasta with some parmesan reggiano for a great dinner, add it to pizza with some mozza for a nice lunch. The possibilities are endless!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
I am just a pseudo gardener so don't expect me to plant delicate vegetables like carrots or even onions. Not to brag, I planted cantaloupe and the vines are already producing small fruits that I hope would grow to be harvested. This is the first time I've planted cantaloupe that's why out of excitement, I am posting it here even if it is not a vegetable, hahahaaah. Back to the topic, sweet potato is the easiest according to the family's master gardener so that's the first vegetable I had planted. And it's true. Just cut a vine of at least 10 inches, stick it on the ground, water it regularly and in a month's time the vine is already long and ready for harvest.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I love growing tomatoes and pumpkins. Watching them grow is very satisfying, especially the pumpkin. You see a tiny green thing sprouting and all of a sudden it's as big as your fist and then you turn around and it's the size of your head and then it's turning orange. The tomatoes as well, you see flowers and then suddenly a little tomato is making it's way through, then you look and your plant is full of them. I love gardening in general. It's an amazing feeling to see the seeds you planted come up through the soil and grow until you're able to harvest and eat it.

Ask a Question