What vegetable is your favourite to grow?

Reaction score
I would really like to grow a small patch of sweet potatoes. Has anyone accomplished that? And then I figure I would grow a variety of peppers.

Reaction score
My favorite this year was Malabar Spinach - it grows like crazy and loves the heat. The leaves are large and meaty, and if that's too much for you the smaller leaves are more mild. They are great for creamed spinach or using them as 'wraps' since the leaves can get to be very large. It also has a very good deep rich flavor.

Reaction score
Country
United States
After an amazing season this year, I would have to say my favorite is hot peppers. I planted several varieties as well as 'temperatures'. I had the best crop EVER. Thank goodness my family likes them in a variety of ways and dishes.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Tomatoes are easily my favorite. Seeing all the different types and colors and thinking about the possibilities of breeding different kinds. It was what made me really enjoy having a garden.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Okra was the first plant that I had ever planted, taken cared of, and harvested myself. It grows quickly and produces a lot, especially during summer and early Florida fall.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Potatoes are a great vegetable to grow in your garden. I loved growing these. When I grew these for the first time, I was so proud. I use potatoes in a lot of dishes. I like getting in that dirt and finding those potatoes.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I've never tried to grow potatoes, but maybe I'll do it next year. Looking for them in the dirt and digging them up sounds like fun:D Also, I'm addicted to fries, I eat them at least once a week, so planting potatoes would help me save a few dollars.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am also amazed at the speed pumpkin and watermelon vines grow, but I don't have room to grow them. I really like to grow tomatoes. Nothing tastes better than tomatoes picked directly from the vine! I even like smelling the plant, which smells exactly like the fruit. Did you know that tomatoes are some of the most genetically diverse plant species in the world? There's hundreds, if not thousands of species. Another interesting fact is that potatoes and tomatoes are so closely related that the plants can be spliced together and grow tomatoes on top and potatoes in the roots!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
This is really interesting, Primalclaws1974. I had no idea that potatoes and tomatoes are so closely related. They don't look alike at all;) Thank you for sharing your knowledge with us! As for pumpkins, they grow extremely fast and big. I know something about it, because they took over half of our garden;)

Reaction score
I think tomato is one of the easiest vegetable to grow and so i always have a few rows in my garden...i also have a love for bell peppers too as they are both easy to care for with the right conditions and i use them in almost all my dishes.

Reaction score
Country
United States
My favorite are tomatoes and they are relatively easy to grow. I can't wait to plant them each year and must admit I am very impatient while waiting for the fruit to set on! This year I started all of my plants from heirloom seeds and they were the best tasting tomatoes I have ever grown!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
I have to say cabbage because it is so versatile. You can serve it fresh as a salad with salt, pepper,
fresh lemon and garlic, or fry it. Also it can be used for sour kraut. It helps to prevent cancer and is
packed with nutrients. It has been a challenge to grow on my deck, but for now, I am enjoying the challenge.

Reaction score
Country
Jamaica
Cucumbers, zucchini's, tomato's, peas. These are all some of my favorite vegetables. Makes sense that I love planting them too! Anyone who has space to plant a garden, even if it isn't at your own house and in a community area, should do so! It is so satisfying.

Reaction score
I'm a big herb fan. The only vegetable I enjoy growing are tomatoes and they're technically a fruit. LOL. I love herbs and tomatoes because I can eat them off the stem or pot. I eat very little but constantly, that's why.

Ask a Question