What vegetable is your favourite to grow?

Reaction score
Make a simple sandwich, simply cut the crusts off thin white bread. Spread a thin layer of cream cheese on each slice and sandwich peeled, sliced cucumbers between two slices. Slice diagonally to make perfect wedged sammies.

Mmm, that sounds yummy. I love cucumbers on sandwiches in general. And I love cream cheese with pickles. I've never put the cream cheese with cucumbers on one, though. Thanks for the suggestion.

Reaction score
So what do you do with all the cucumbers? I enjoy eating cucumbers and putting them in salads. Beyond that, though, I don't know what to do with all the extras. I tried my hand at pickles a few times, but they failed miserably every time. And you can't really freeze them for later. Any ideas?

I usually put them in salads and when that fails, as people have said, sandwiches are a good way to go! I also like taking the skin off and cutting them in 4 strips and adding a bit of salt on it. I find it's a nice refreshing snack especially in the summer, and it's healthy too. I've had some people tell me that if you fill a pitcher with water and add cucumber slices that it helps the water taste better, but I didn't really enjoy it as much as other people did :p

Reaction score
Thanks Amalia. For whatever reason, every recipe I tried, the pickles came out soggy. They didn't keep their crunch at all and were like wet socks. Wet...dill....nasty socks, lol.

:))))))) Maybe you'll have better luck this time. So GOOD LUCK!

Reaction score
My favorite vegetable to grow, pick and eat are peas. They are quick to pick, easy to shuck, and so sweet to eat, raw or cooked.

I planted peas this past season and they were great! They were really easy to maintain and I didn't have an issue with animals trying to eat them, lol. They came in really handy! I think I have a years supply of peas now :p

Reaction score
My godmother has peas in the garden so I have huge supplies. I'm not planning to plant any next year.

Reaction score
My favorite vegetables to grow are peppers. I like all kinds bell peppers, banana peppers, jalapenos they are all great. They are the easiest vegetable to grow in my experience. When I was first starting out and would forget to water my garden for days of run out of pots and pile some potting soil in the corner of the seedlings pot (really) they would still survive and produce!

Reaction score
I grow peppers, tomatoes, pumpkins and different gourds. These are the only ones I can have right now. I have very little space and all I have is a container garden in my 4x6 balcony.
My dad used to grow okra, eggplant and different varieties of beans.
I have bought myself a nice little home with garden space. I am just waiting for my little one to get out of high school and I can go live in my dream home and garden to my hearts content.
I would be growing sweet potatoes, lemons and fruits too. I have it all planned out.

Reaction score
My favorite vegetable to grow is Tomatoes.I also grow carrots cause these are really easier and fun. Mostly at evening i sit in the field of carrots.

Reaction score
Peppers are one of my favourites.
Fresh peppers can be used in salads and the leftovers can be dried for later use.

I've always loved spicy stuff and that's the reason why I prefer some color in my garden. :)

Reaction score
Spuds and onions would be the things we grow most of. I was saying in another thread that peppers and chili's would be something I'd love to be successful at, but for the last few years nothing. Red rooster and King Edwards are our potato of choice and as many onion sets as the wife will allow me ;)

Reaction score
Without a doubt it has to be tomatoes, lots and lots of tomatoes. They take up the majority of the space in my garden with the other veggies simply fillers of remaining space. I love having all of the other vegetables but I really love the different varieties that I have of tomatoes, at minimum at least six different kinds. Green beans come in a distant second, I grow at least four different crops of them each summer and can almost all of them.

Reaction score
What vegetable is your favourite to grow? I really enjoy growing my pumpkin! I love how big it is, how fast it grow, and I adore how it looks. The shoots are very expansive and the leaves have pretty shapes. And, first of all - pumpkin is beyond delicious!:D How about you? What do you enjoy growing the most

My favorite so far has been broccoli. It tastes so much better fresh from the garden than anything I get from a market. We eat it the same day that I pick it, and my family even eats some of the stems that would normally make it to the compost heap. I have had trouble figuring out the best time to pick it before it goes to seed, because once that happens it is really bitter.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
My favorite so far has been broccoli. It tastes so much better fresh from the garden than anything I get from a market. We eat it the same day that I pick it, and my family even eats some of the stems that would normally make it to the compost heap. I have had trouble figuring out the best time to pick it before it goes to seed, because once that happens it is really bitter.
I've never tried to grow broccoli, but I love eating it. It's a great vegetable. Cooked broccoli with buckwheat and butter is one of my favorite dishes, it's heavenly yummy and very easy to prepare:) I also add chopped broccoli to most pasta sauces.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Before, I would say my okras because they were very easy to grow. Sadly, because they have been infested by caterpillars and ants, they died. I don't want to grow those anymore.

I will grow tomatoes and eggplants this season. :)

Ask a Question