What to transplant these White Spruce seeds (see picture)

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have went through the stratification process, and now have the seeds sitting is little bit of water now about 20 days. I notice when looking very closely, they appear starting to emerge. My question is when do I pull each of the germinating seeds out and put in a pot? thank you
IMG_0269.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United States
Do so now, if they are germinating.
From the photo it is not clear if they are germinating or beginning to disintegrate.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Do so now, if they are germinating.
From the photo it is not clear if they are germinating or beginning to disintegrate.
The little white "heads" of the seeds is new over past 5 days. So that tells me something is growing. so move to pots now for just those seeds, correct?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yes, do that.
Seeds can sometimes benefit from an overnight soak in water to aid germination, but letting seeds sit in a pool of water for weeks is usually not recommended. I hope that is germination and not just the seed coat beginning to peel away.
Please post another photo of the planted seeds once the green cotyledons (seed leaves) begin to emerge.

Ask a Question