What should herb can I grow year round indoors?

Reaction score
What are the indoor herbs I can grow year round inside for my cooking recipes. I found that basil is easy to this yea when learning to use my green thumb. However, I would like more suggestions.

Reaction score
It all depends where you live, what your climate is like and how much time you have to tend to your plants. Herbs generally don't need much attention after you planted them in some quality soil and water them regularly. If you live in place where it gets very cold during the winter, obviously your herbs will slow down, too. But by observing their needs, you'll quickly get the hang of how to best take care of them.

Reaction score
Basil and mint! Those two do very well all the year round indoors! I started growing them because I use them for cooking a lot. They do great indoors, so don't hesitate :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I'm not an expert, but I think that all herbs can be grown indoors in winter. Last year, I grew parsley, basil, thyme and mint. I keep them all on a windowsill in my kitchen, because they get plenty of sunlight there.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Rosemary will grow indoors, but it usually gets too big for windowsill gardening, and really needs quite a bit of sunlight. Garlic chives will grow anywhere, anytime. A pot of those on a window sill will give you fresh garlic taste, but they aren't to be cooked with. Just chop them and use them as a last-minute addition or topping. Basil needs to be harvested frequently if grown indoors. Otherwise, it tends to get leggy. Oregano, especially the Greek oregano, adapts to indoor growing. It is a somewhat prostrate herb, so you may need to clip it frequently to keep it from crawling all over!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
A lot actually. Try basil. It is very easy to grow. :) You can even grow them from seeds if you can't find seedlings in stores.

Ask a Question