What music are you listening to?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
And this reminds me of running a roller skating/speed skating club in Folkestone

Those were the days :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
My wife likes this. Eleven years ago. she asked me to find a 45rpm copy for one of the jukeboxes. It came from Holland.
It's as they call them, "a double A side." As "The Boogie-Woogie Bugle Boy From Company B," is on the reverse.

This is from an album I bought when I was eighteen, I also uploaded it to YouTube. I've listened to it countless times.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Listening to bagpipe music, Highland Cathedral, Scotland the Brave, and others on a CD. Later while kneading bread, I will listen to a couple of Luciano Pavarotti CDs.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
I burn CDs now and again for use in my car. Mostly vintage stuff, either pop. jazz or MoTown and similar.
I don't play them loud, bvut it's impossible not to hear what someone in a car alongside of you at traffic lights has on their CD.

On my way to play golf my CD was playing this.

I got a thumbs up from the woman in the car next to me at the lights.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
This track by Etta James was played over the opening credits of a 2014 comedy/romance film on TV the other night on Film 4. "The Other Woman." (I like Etta James, I've got her "At Last" and "Trust in Me," in one of my jukeboxes).

She recorded this in 1960.

But it was written in 1946 and has been recorded by numerous artists, Dinah Washington, Ella Fitzgerald and many others over the decades. It's a classic "jazz standard," often played by the "big bands."

This is my favourite version, by Jo Stafford, in 1947.

Ask a Question