What music are you listening to?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Sadly I don't have any vynal anymore due to not having room for a turntable.
I have a lot of CDs but lately only use the Amazon Echo. It's easier to play it on there because when I'm in the kitchen can't hear it on the sound system.

I have a HI-FI unit, very ancient now. Never use it. Also I have a brand new turntable, never pluggws it in. Reason. My downstairs neighbour is a door slammer, so much so. The whole building shakes. Recently, the granddaughter bought me n amazon thing, Alexa. I feel daft talking to it, why, I don't know, but it never knows the music I ask for.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
This musician's recordings came up on another board. I've several CDs of his.
This is my favourite of many of his. He gets a lt of emotion into a very simple tune, written by Jimmy McHugh and Harold Adamson in 1937.

This recording is sixty-three years old but still sounds fresh to me.

Ben Webster, 1909 – 1973

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
Two styles of alto sax playing.

From one of my CDs.

I can usally recognise this extremely proficient musician whatever he plays, but many so many sound similar.

Whereas most jazz lovers would know who this was just hearing a few bars.

Recorded a few years before his death. He didn't look too well even here.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
I was making a playlist on the eco dot with Alexa and came across this. It's a backing track of what is life by George Harrison.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
zone 6b
Country
United States
I have really been back into the Beatles. loved them as a kid, but somehow got away from them. in last year have been listening to nothing but. my kid now loves them as well.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
I have really been back into the Beatles. loved them as a kid, but somehow got away from them. in last year have been listening to nothing but. my kid now loves them as well.

As they say, "each to their own,"
I'm of the same era as the Beatles, but I've never really liked them. For a kick off, none of them had good voices and early in their careers, they were just another British group that covered American artists songs. I was always more into jazz and Motown. I did at the time buy my young wife the Beatles "Please, Please, Me," LP, as I thought she liked them, but she didn't. I doubt if she played it all the way through and I never played it at all. We've still got it somewhere.

But I do like this.

Ask a Question