What Music Are You Listening To?

What type of music do you perfer? (Post in the thread to tell us why.)


  • Total voters
    12

Joined
Apr 14, 2013
Messages
102
Reaction score
48
Location
Missouri
Hardiness Zone
5B
Country
United States
Tonight, I am listening to Vangelis. I thought it might be interesting to try and create a poll, as I haven't seen one on the site.
 
Ad

Advertisements

Joined
Mar 2, 2015
Messages
97
Reaction score
59
Location
Central California
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Everything. I have a system that progresses with my mood and how awake I am.. Lol. I wake up early and work outside to classical piano. Then I move to blues, mowtown, and easy listening like James Taylor. Then country, classic rock, and If I've had enough beers, sometimes I end it with rap. Hahaha
 
Joined
Jan 27, 2015
Messages
130
Reaction score
48
Location
north country NY
Hardiness Zone
4b
Country
United States
Right now Hot Tuna :cool: For me that's pretty mellow. I like the blues and classic rock. Sometimes some heavy metal if I feel like putting holes in the ozone. Actually quite often :)
 
Joined
Apr 14, 2013
Messages
102
Reaction score
48
Location
Missouri
Hardiness Zone
5B
Country
United States
I guess it is difficult, if not impossible, to pick one venue of music that would be considered a favorite. My musical moods seem to change with the seasons.
 

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Joined
Jun 13, 2014
Messages
1,402
Reaction score
3,059
Location
Wisconsin
Showcase(s):
1
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I listen to pretty much everything. Rock, Metal, Country, Hip Hop, and all related and unrelated genres. I don't base what I listen to on genre or even by artist. It comes down to each individual song.
 
Ad

Advertisements

Joined
Apr 29, 2014
Messages
805
Reaction score
316
Location
Dripping Springs, Texas.
Hardiness Zone
8b
I can say I only listen to country music 95% of the time. The other 5% of the time I'll listen to some rockabilly and rock'n'roll.
 
Joined
Mar 16, 2015
Messages
447
Reaction score
525
Hardiness Zone
USDA 10a - Sunset 22
Country
United States
I'm good with most everything on the poll less new age and country to a degree. I'd say I have CD's in all the categories less new age. My Right now I'm listen to the 2 new ELO CD's that I just bought, On the Third Day and No Answer.
 
Joined
Mar 16, 2015
Messages
447
Reaction score
525
Hardiness Zone
USDA 10a - Sunset 22
Country
United States
I love to listen to music. For Easter I got myself (as I was in charge of getting each person a little something) Original Album Classics - Sly & the Family Stone which has 5 CD's.

A Whole New Thing
Dance to the Music
Life
Stand!
There's a Riot Going On

I only had a Sly & the Family Stone Greatest Hits CD, so I'm looking forward to getting into the music in more literal context. I also really like that his was on of the 60's voices for change. Tough days now for Sly it would seem, but he really did have impact back in the day.
 
Joined
Jan 30, 2015
Messages
1,530
Reaction score
492
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
In the morning, I am listening to hymn songs, and the rest of the day I don't bother much with music, as my teenager will play his type of music loudly.
 
Ad

Advertisements

Pat

Joined
Oct 12, 2012
Messages
1,878
Reaction score
567
Location
Maryland
Country
United States
I like several types of music and tend to listen to jazz mostly but this morning I put on some thinking music, classical.
 
Joined
Apr 5, 2015
Messages
17
Reaction score
3
Country
United States
I voted for Other, because I own music from all of those categories. While I listen to Classical 30% of the time, I can't stand chamber music. Drives me mad. If past lives exist, I must have had some sort of chamber music 'incident'
 
Ad

Advertisements

Joined
Jul 17, 2013
Messages
3,391
Reaction score
948
I've been listening to some Lebanese singers lately a lot :) I love Rola Saad and Nancy Ajram, Miriam Faris is also very good. I love them! They're also an inspiration when it comes to beauty and style :) I love the way they look! Sometimes I still listen to oldies :) Music from the 90's rocks... everything from that decade rocks. I just can't get into today's music.... must be getting old.
 
Joined
Mar 27, 2012
Messages
4,211
Reaction score
2,708
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I've been listening to the album from Jessie Ware called Tough Love - it's pretty good. I suppose I'd describe it as easy listening, and she's got a beautiful voice :)

 
Ad

Advertisements


Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.

Ask a Question

Top