do you play music

• Thread starter Peace perfect peace
  • Start date
P

Peace perfect peace

Greetings worm lovers,
I was reading an old gardens world magazine and it was an interview with prince charles and he said he plays music to his plants,

Well being of Irish blood (Father was from southern ireland) I really do like the irish music and i have the irish pub music station on everyday in our office
and until one of my dogs started joining in the singing and howling at the top of her voice "I did have the the CD tapes playing away in the greenhouse.

Do you play or sing to your plants ?? And if so what????

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
I play these when I'm gardening. I'm not sure if the plants like it, it doesn't bother the neighbours as I don't have them too loud and it's down at the bottom of the garden.
"The plants" get selections from "the age of vinyl." 50/60/70/80s pop. Motown/Soul/Doo-Wop or Jazz standards.

In the house I "seranade the house plants" on this, my Yamaha Tyros 5, or if they're really unlucky, my tenor sax. (Our immediate neighbours are well into their eighties and deaf).

P1020060.JPG

P

Peace perfect peace

Greetings,
Im never really sure if any of these thoughts work But when in wales we did have chickens and i put a sign up naming the hen house

"PAXO " (for those that dont know what Paxo is It's a form of stuuffing you got from the food shops and it was stuffed inside the dead bird to help induce the flavour when cooking it.
All the chicks layed well after that sign went up.:whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle:

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
My mum used to use paxo, could get sage and onion and I think parsley and thyme.

I play music all of the time and sing to it, especially if it's the carpenters.
Just found a video on YouTube about them, it's 2 hours long in 2 parts.
Got all their albums and 2 compilations.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
My mum used to use paxo, could get sage and onion and I think parsley and thyme.

I play music all of the time and sing to it, especially if it's the carpenters.
Just found a video on YouTube about them, it's 2 hours long in 2 parts.
Got all their albums and 2 compilations.

I have three carpenters albums.

Close to You

Now and Then

A Song For You.

I've a lot of albums from that era, Motown etc,. But several of a varied selection of female singers.

Carol King, Carly Simon, Ann Murray, Carol Bayer Sager, Crystal Gayle, Denise Williams, Gloria Estefan, Rita Coolidge, Phoebe Snow. etc.,

Probably half a dozen of Carol King's and the same number of, in my opinion, the best female singer of that era, either on record or singing live. Linda Ronstadt.

Of Jazz singers, they say of Sarah Vaughan, was "Miss Perfect Pitch."

Linda Ronstadt was pop's equivalent.

P

Peace perfect peace

I have three carpenters albums.

Close to You

Now and Then

A Song For You.

I've a lot of albums from that era, Motown etc,. But several of a varied selection of female singers.

Carol King, Carly Simon, Ann Murray, Carol Bayer Sager, Crystal Gayle, Denise Williams, Gloria Estefan, Rita Coolidge, Phoebe Snow. etc.,

Probably half a dozen of Carol King's and the same number of, in my opinion, the best female singer of that era, either on record or singing live. Linda Ronstadt.

Of Jazz singers, they say of Sarah Vaughan, was "Miss Perfect Pitch."

Linda Ronstadt was pop's equivalent.

morning all,
Its a smashing sunny start to the day and ive my favourit music playing "irish pub music station"

I really like the irish music 'but" ive few of the LP's & cd's of verious artist,

I just ca'nt get into the so called modern stuff .

It's not music to my ears and i dont think my plants would like it:rolleyes:

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
I like Carol king,Crystal Gayle, Carly Simon. A lot of other ones, got a few of George Michael, Queen.
Didn't know much about Pink floyd until i was married, but they're great.

It's not just the music it's when i listen to Karen Carpenter and how she sings it, that's why I always listen and watch her all the time,she's amazing.

I never got to see her in concert, but i did see Cilla Black at Coventry in the 70s.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
I prefer the original

I like the original too. It forms part of my "Motown, 45rpm collection" in one of my jukeboxes.
Although not strictly all "Motown" studios records, but recordingsof the same genre and era.

ROCK-OLA 443 - 2019.JPG

It's arranged in alphabetical order of artists' christian names or the name of the group. (That's just "me.")

P1020820.JPG

Linda Ronstadt has duetted with Smokey Robinson on occasions and she recorded the "B side" of that record too.

P1020821.JPG

Sad that since she developed Parkinson's she's had to give up singing.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
Heard this, played over the credits of a film I caught the end of on TV today.

I guess the song was aimed at the teenage market, but the two main characters in the film were played by an actress of 39 and an actor of 49. But I guess there's no age barrier when it comes to the "right" song.

As I say about music, I'll listen to any good song sung well.

Never heard it before, a bit "Ed Sheeran."

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
This is unusual, it's by Natalie Cressman who is a jazz trombonist with her own band.

It's a cover of a Frank Ocean song that she put on YouTube, but had it taken off, but not before I was able to rip it.
She has a great voice and an astounding range. Her band is quite good too.

Ask a Question