What kind of weed is this?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
recently I'm finding these wild petunias that have a neat little flower that look good in my mulchy areas:
Ruellia (Wild Mexican Petunia), i have them in my garden as well and they are so pretty, and they spread quickly and somewhat aggressively in the right climate.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 b
Country
Russian Federation
I can not call this plant a small and neat. This meadowsweet. Of course, meadowsweet is a weed in the garden. But he is fluffy and has a sweet flavor. I leave 1 - 2 plants in the garden.
IMG_8200.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Ruellia (Wild Mexican Petunia), i have them in my garden as well and they are so pretty, and they spread quickly and somewhat aggressively in the right climate.
I have that plant (Mexican Petunia) as well, but it's not native here, but you see it sold in virtually every nursery. I do like the flower color and the bumblebees love them and a few native bees, but curiously, the honeybees don't go for them; but it's fun to watch the bumblebees robbing the nectar -- they're too big to crawl into the flower:).

Personally, I don't mind plants that aggressively spread, such as the Mexican Petunia. I just chop and drop and it adds to my mulch.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Do any of your neighbors have them? I found this:
I also learned that they don't bloom their first year, so it's been in your yard at least two years. And aphids love them, so keep an eye on them!! :eek:
Hey Mary, I replanted it into a pot but sadly it started wilting. I checked looked over my fence into my neighbors backyard and I think they did have some Lupins. I didn't see any flowers but I spotted the leaves.

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
How many days has it been since you potted it? Don't give up on it, it might be in transplant shock.

Ask a Question