What is your favourite flower?

Reaction score
I love flowers. My dad nicknamed me Rosebud as a baby, hated it growing up, miss it now that he's gone, October will be 9 years. As a result of the nickname, I love roses. I love Stargazers, too. I used to work at a flower shop after my dad passed, so I came into contact with flowers I didn't know about and started to love. Some of those are Caspia, Status, Stock, Spider and football Mums, lots of exotic flowers and Bells of Ireland. I'd love to work at a flower shop again, but with my health problems, I can't anymore.

Reaction score
I love roses and Calla Lilies. I know calla lilies aren't originally from where I live, but they are represented in a lot paintings by national painters, plus my dad gave me one as a kid. So every time I see one it reminds me of my dad. I really like them for that reason.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Tulips are my personal favorites. There were fields miles long where I grew up and we used to go running through them as kids. It always feels like home when I have fresh picked ones at my house now.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Scotland dont know zone
Country
United Kingdom
I have to say Fuchsias and Roses but for indoors Orchids Treeca

Reaction score
My favorite are roses and daffodils. I think the both of them are very pretty also orchids are not bad either.

Reaction score
I like calla lilies, birds of paradise, cherry blossoms and orchids. I like exotic and colorful plants that make a big visual impact.

Reaction score
This a very difficult one for me to answer - as I love all flowers for many different reasons - but that said if I really had to make a choice - then I think for cut flowers it would have to be

Alstroemeria

Alstroemeria - Jazz Mix.jpg

and Freesias

Freesias.jpg

as apart from both having sentimental value to me - both always last a really long time in a vase.

Where as in the garden my choice would be Freesias once again and Strelitzia " Mandel's Gold "

Strelitzia (2).png

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
My favorite flowers are white roses. They're beautiful, elegant, delicate and feminine. I adore them.
Also, I have a soft spot for poppies, because they were the first flowers that my boyfriend gave me. I dried their petals:D

Reaction score
I love flowers lots and so it's hard to choose a favorite however i think i'll settle for orchids,roses and ginger lilies ; i think i have a special love for these plants.

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I don't know why but I have a thing for anthurium. Maybe because of its shape. I used to like it as a child and until now.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
It is truly spring when the tulips start to bloom around here, which will be in a couple of months now. Roses are beautiful flowers, but the are hard for me to grow.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I like tulips too, especially pink ones. Just looking at them always makes me feel like spring. Same goes for daffodils. They're so pretty!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
They are such happy flowers and you can't possibly be in a bad mood when you are in a field or garden among them. I have also taken a liking to Lilly because they smell so good.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I'd love to see a daffodil field in person:love: It must look heavenly beautiful and so very cheerful. If I ever have my own, big garden, I'll plant billions of daffodils there.

daffodil-field.aspx

Reaction score
Country
Canada
My favourite flower would definitely have to be Gerbera Daisy. They are my favourite! I was in Figure Skating competitions as a child and my dad would always show up with a bouquet of Gerbera Daisies and it totally made my day every time.

Ask a Question