What is your favourite crop?

Reaction score
Country
Kenya
I prefer planting butternuts in my garden. I like plants from the pumpkin family. Butternut seeds are cheap and easy to grow. It is also a short season crop taking only 3 months to mature. The vegetable has few requirements and is very versatilein cookery, tasty and nutritious.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My favorite crop have to be corn! My dad used to plant corns in the back of our garage, and that area was best for them. They produced more than we can eat and my dad used to save them for me to pick. I think it was the memory that I hold dear in my heart when it comes to favorite crop.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
My favorite crop is sweet potato. My first experience with that vegetable was when we were renting a house. The big backyard was put to use by my husband by planting sweet potato. The young leaves are boiled and eaten with fried dishes aside from being included in vegetable dishes. What caught my fancy was the simplicity of the vegetable. The sweet potato is a fast grower and what it needs is just ample water. It was fun digging for the root crop that we also boil for a snack food.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I love my wild strawberries. Since I don't have a garden, I have to keep all my plants indoors, so there are many fruits and vegetables that I can't grow. Fortunately, wild strawberries are doing great here:D They bear fruits in the middle of winter.

Reaction score
Country
United States
My favorite and only thing I've grown so far is peppers from jalapeno to Carolina reapers thinking of branching off and going with a couple other veggies just not sure which ones yet

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
This is like being asked which of your offspring is your favorite child:)! I think green beans are my favorite (although corn, squash, tomatoes . . . .) because they are versatile in cooking, easy to grow, and I do enjoy picking a basket of beans.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3b
Country
United States
mine has to be raspberries. there are tons of wild ones around here. when i was young the whole family would go out and pick for the day. my mother would make pies and jam with them. then we would freeze the rest. now i have a 20' by 25' patch of cultivated ones w/ 3 different cultivars that produce at different times. I'm in raspberry heaven!

Reaction score
Country
Jamaica
I would have to say mine would be the naseberries that grow all over our yard. Whenever it was time for them to bear, I have so many memories of eating as much as we could before our goats could get to it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I like cucumbers because they grow large leaves that the geckos love sitting on (and under).Their flowers attract so many bees that you can buzzing under their canopy. Also, they grow so fast and they're prolific. And it's like a treasure hunt, finding ones to pick in the jungle of huge leaves.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3b
Country
United States
i really like cukes too! growing some bush varieties in my raised beds this year! love eating them fresh off the vine w/ a little salt and pepper!

Ask a Question