What is your biggest problem with home gardening?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am writing a book and I want to state the issues that people struggling with.. My question is that what is your biggest problem with home gardening?
thanks for your time for answering..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
Hi and welcome.

What sort of book are you writing?

Gardening for most is a hobby. So we try to avoud "struggles." Many we have, tend to be because we are coping with getting older.
As far as individual tasks, of which there can be countless numbers given the number of different gardens covered by this board, it can be a choice of whether to do it yourself or "get a man in."
I don't think you can categorise "struggles." The same task can be easy for some and hard for others.

Meadowlark

No N-P-K Required
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
old zone 8b/new zone 9a
Country
United States
My biggest problem.... .probably would be harvesting and using all the produce that comes out of my garden. Its a good problem to have.

It gets harder each year to get all the work done...and at some point I'll have to scale back some, but the enjoyment of producing still far outweighs the work to harvest and use it.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Home/Backyard Gardening is truly ADDICTIVE. The older I get, the more I enjoy doing it. I simply don't have the time, energy, money, space (acreage) or daylight to do all things I want to do.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
what is your biggest problem with home gardening?

My personal problem in my own garden? Or my problem with home gardening in general?
My personal problem is that I don't think I could ever have enough land to do what I want to do. Never enough space. I need at least a few square miles. :LOL:

My problem with home gardening in general is how earth-unfriendly it often is. Chemicals are heavily used in the gardening hobby, but there's also a lot of other bad practices within the hobby.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Home/Backyard Gardening is truly ADDICTIVE. The older I get, the more I enjoy doing it. I simply don't have the time, energy, money, space (acreage) or daylight to do all things I want to do.

that’s very lazy if you love it so much u make time for it. ‍♀️

Reaction score
Country
United States

I’m sorry but I’m older and still have energy. Lazy bones

Ask a Question