What is the best house plant option for someone with a busy schedule?

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I love plants, as I'm sure most people here do too. I have always wanted to keep a house plant, but never know which one to get because there are just so many to choose from! Ideally it would be a plant that does not require a lot of sunlight (only one window in my room) and that requires low maintenance since I am often at the university and cannot always remember to take care of the plant for the few hours I am home. Any recommendations?

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I would suggest a spider plant or a peace lily. They do not need a lot of light or a lot of care. The peace lily will even tell you when you want to water it, the leaves will get limp to indicate watering time. The spider plant is a low care plant also.

Reaction score
Succulents are a good option because they do not need to be watered very often. You can just add watering days to your calendar to remind you when they do need some water and ignore them between that. I like aloe vera plants especially because they are so low maintenance and super useful. Great thing to have on hand if you get a burn.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Thanks for the tips, everyone! I also have stretches of days where I only have a few hours at home and some of my plants certainly suffer because of that. Maybe I'll phase in some succulents to my indoor garden.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Thanks so much for the replies! I have been looking into getting an aloe vera plant as I have heard recently of their many benefits, and to now know that they are also low maintenance is fantastic! A peace lily also sounds like a great idea. I will have to start shopping around, but thanks again for the great advice!

Ask a Question