What does your computer look like?

Reaction score
I have a custom built desktop and a laptop (along with an iPad). I have the desktop because I do the bulk of my work online and sometimes want a computer that feels sturdy, it has a nice flat screen and all of the features I was looking for, I would highly recommend customizing your desktop if you can. I primarily use my laptop for fun personal stuff, and I have the iPad for when I travel because it is so much lighter and more convenient than my laptop.

Reaction score
Oh, I invested in a new laptop since my last post. :) It's a Gateway. I got it for $350 at Walmart and am enjoying it so far. It has Windows 8, which I'm not used to. My other computer is only a few months old, but it has Windows 7. I think I like Windows 7 better, honestly.

Reaction score
one of my home projects was a computer desk for my home computer, along with painting/sprucing up the room it was in. i don't know much about them really. my brother gave me his old desk computer, but i was enjoying working out the room. it has multi monitors and if i say so myself, the desk is pretty tricky.

but during the time i was doing that, my home computer fitzed out.

leaving.gif

now i just use a laptop and i'm hardly ever in the room

Reaction score
I have a very simplistic chromebook at the moment. It is nothing fancy and it definitely can't do nearly as much as a basic PC. I can simply go on the internet and browse, really.

Reaction score
The last 3 computers I have bought were refurbished. At first, it was a way to save a bit of money, but now it is because I refuse to use Windows 8. As long as I can fix any problems that occur, I don't worry about buying used computers. Over the last 8-10 years I have learned out of necessity how to repair and replace everything, I believe the next computer I buy will be custom made by me, I am looking forward to it.

Reaction score
California Central Valley (desert climate)
Well in the past few years we've become a very techy household due to my job. We have an iMac as the main desktop, I have two PCs that I do not use but could if need be, an iPad, my five year old has a Kindle Fire where she stores her e-books and a handful of games, and a laptop that only gets used on road trips where I need to backup/transfer files. I think we are about to go mac on the laptop as well, for simplicity's sake. It took my husband a long time to make me an Apple nerd but I am sold on the continuity of it all.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I have a Toshiba labtop, I say iv'e been very lucky because around when i was 11 i got a brand new laptop and then evantually i broke on purposes. When i was 13 I got used computer but then evantually i broke it too on purpose, And now i'm 16 with another new laptop

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
Country
United States
This is my Custom built rig.
860i digital PSU
water cooled 4770k extreme Intel i7
water cooled GPU
2TB of Solid State Drives and a few spinning drives
16GB of Ram dominator plats
Asus Sabertooth Motherboard. Ill post a desktop screen shot later tonight. :)
DSC_4475_zps21b84d30.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
This is my Custom built rig.
860i digital PSU
water cooled 4770k extreme Intel i7
water cooled GPU
2TB of Solid State Drives and a few spinning drives
16GB of Ram dominator plats
Asus Sabertooth Motherboard. Ill post a desktop screen shot later tonight. :)
View attachment 7921
My goodness gracious! Now that is a computer.....looks like it will take off!:eek:
I think your cyber thumb must be as important as your green thumb:ROFLMAO:!!!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
Country
United States
My goodness gracious! Now that is a computer.....looks like it will take off!:eek:
I think your cyber thumb must be as important as your green thumb:ROFLMAO:!!!

LOL
Well CMET in my name = CM is something for me and ET is my profession, Electronics Technician :) I enjoy electronics a tad... BUT I do think I enjoy my garden more at the time haha.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
Country
United States
Here is my computer with white light for easier viewing pleasure! all the green tubing is liquid cooling keeps the PC around 40°C under heavy load and 23°C with normal load. Without the cooling system it would reach temps of 75-140°.

and the turtle is my desktop picture / dual screen.

Dual screen desktop :)
20140313_223523_zps514135fb.jpg
1_zps09e3f595.jpg
desktopshot1.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
With out telling my age, I still have my first computer that is still working great It runs on window 95 :LOL: that I use for storage. I have four HP lap tops and a compaq pc that I use for working on web sites. I first learn to use a computer when you use to have to use codes to do any thing.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4ish so they say..?
Country
United Kingdom
I have an old Dell XPS420 which is getting towards the end of its life as I do lots of photo processing on it and it struggles to run Lightroom now, I have 3 monitors connected to it so i can multi task... yes men can do this, one is usually on my website, one to process the pictures on and the other to watch movies whilst I work.... I also have an Alienware laptop which is not really a laptop as it is big and heavy. Its powerful and fast running Windows 10, the XPS is still on Vista... Yes I know lol, I think the XPS needs to be updated but the expense is off putting me at the moment.
The main issue I have is storage with over 12TB of pictures now I am wondering the best way to store these now as online cloud is expensive and having external HD's is expensive and I would need lots, any ideas then let me know....

Reaction score
Country
Jamaica
I am not home right now, but I have an EVGA hadreon air build pc. Looks pretty much like this except the contents inside look different.

hadron-12b.jpg

I also have a laptop that I use for work related stuff.

Attachments

• PHOTO_20160329_074501.jpg
    PHOTO_20160329_074501.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 237

Ask a Question