What does your computer look like?

Reaction score
I'm 26 years old right now and I've been using computers since I was 9 (they are not new to me), which is like, almost 20 years ago.

We've always owned computers it seems.

Right now we have three computers in our house. One belongs to my mother and its her personal PC and the other one is mine and it belongs to me, and then the third belongs to my little sister Christina.

The first computer we've ever owned would be considered ancient today.

Its due to being a personal PC owner that I know who Justin Bieber is (Youtube.com). If I didn't have Internet access I probably would not have had any idea who he was.

Technology is great, isn't it?

My computer is a custom built PC. The monitor is black and says FLATRON W2061TQ on it.

The tower is a red color and is also built from customized parts.

What does your PC look like? There is a certain kind of software that will let you take a picture of and post your desktop if you are so willing to do.

Reaction score
Mine's just a basic desktop with a black tower that my parents bought me for Xmas 2 years ago. It's got LED lighting in the front panels and a lit display on the door that shows the time, microprocessor temp, and when the fan's operating inside. There's only 3 or 4 fans inside cause I don't do a lot of online gaming yet but I do wanna upgrade for that really soon. It has 2 DVD drives, an Intel mobo with an Intel 3.06 Ghz microprocessor, Nvidia graphics card, a 550W power supply, and 8 USB hookups. Since I don't overclock, that's enough power for now.
I got my latest monitor at my last Bday party. It's a 23", 1920x1080 Acer monitor (also black). But sometimes I use my phone or my Kindlefire tablet to get online.
I use my desktop for uploading pics from my camera, uploading music and stuff to my media player, managing movies, and uploading apps to my calculator. The down side: I feel totally lost when there's power outs. :eek:

I don't get how anybody could live without a PC. There's five desktops in our house and some laptops and tablets too.
Just my opinion but lol @ Bieber. The closest I get to mainstream or disco is shoegaze, hardstyle, and some pop punk... but hey, that's just me. And yeah, the internet's the best place to check out fan sites, new sounds, and unsighned bands. :D

Reaction score
Mine is just a small laptop, a Toshiba Satellite one with a AMD A4 5000 APU with Radeon 1.50 Ghz processor. I like laptops because they allow me to use them anywhere. I was a desktop person some years ago, but that changed.:whistle:

I bought my first laptop back in 2008, it had Windows 7 installed on it, this new one has Windows 8.1, which is slightly better than the previous version ;) I'd still prefer the beauty and simplicity of Windows 7 any time! Sadly upgrading right now would be a huge waste of money, and to be honest I haven't money to waste right now (times are trying :cry:)

I use my laptop mostly to work online and talk with family and friend on Skype :):LOL:

Reaction score
But sometimes I use my phone or my Kindlefire tablet to get online.

Hi there!! I want a kindle fire really bad, but I'd like to get some opinions first. Do you think the kindle fire is better than an average tablet? Do you really think is worth it? I love reading, and I have a ton of e-books, so I'd really love getting the Kindle fire, but.... is it true you can do everything you could do with an average tablet?

Reaction score
Hi there!! I want a kindle fire really bad, but I'd like to get some opinions first. Do you think the kindle fire is better than an average tablet? Do you really think is worth it? I love reading, and I have a ton of e-books, so I'd really love getting the Kindle fire, but.... is it true you can do everything you could do with an average tablet?

There's better tablets out there (like Nexus, iPad or Samsung Galaxy) but it's still really awesome for the price. And you can get a Gumdrop protective cover that protects it even if it's dropped 8 or 10 feet.:D
I haven't had any issues getting online, reading books, surfing, or watching videos. Imo, it works as well as any tablet except maybe not as fast or as much resolution. It has a big pop-up touch-screen keypad thats easy to use and the screen has zoom features (just double tap the edge of the screen). I can do almost anything on my tablet that I can do on my desktop! Also, I can pickup Trendnet WiFi with it at about 100 feet away from the source. And you can buy an adaptor cable to hookup to a USB on other computers. I've used it to transfer files to my Kindle. It's definitely worth the money! :D

The down sides: You need to keep it plugged in charging when you're not using it cause the battery isn't replaceable - the battery loses some of it's shelf life if it gets too low.
Also, you'll need to use the earbuds cause the speaker isn't very loud.

Reaction score

I have a kindle fire..and I think its great....BUT...if I knew then what I know now..I would of just sprung for a mini ipad or a windows tablet. They do more. Although you can get around having to purchase straight from the kindle store- they don't recommend it. But for reading..I absolutely LOVE my kindle..I have had it since xmas and have already read 3 books on it. Its GREAT for bedtime reading as no lamp is needed!!

Reaction score
Mine is an all-in-one Dell. I just got it in December. It's black with a fairly big screen, but the screen isn't as big as some that I have seen.

My laptop is white with pink and purple flowers all over it; it's an HP. It's a beautiful computer, but it has a cracked screen now.

Reaction score
I have two laptops and they are black and unremarkable. I love having them but I am not interested in making them more decorative in anyway. Occasionally I go car camping with one of them and when I do I have a small red fleece blanket that I wrap it in when the weather turns chilly. It ALWAYS has to be the little red blanket!

Reaction score
I have a basic, desktop computer. It's all black. The brand is Hewlett Packard. So far it works well. I've had it about four years and am very happy with it.

Reaction score
I have an old black Dell desktop with a big flatscreen monitor. The monitor is newer than the computer. My desktop wallpaper is a Japanese rock band and at Christmas time, I have an animated string of blinky Christmas lights that decorates my desktop without changing the whole wallpaper.

Reaction score
There's better tablets out there (like Nexus, iPad or Samsung Galaxy) but it's still really awesome for the price. And you can get a Gumdrop protective cover that protects it even if it's dropped 8 or 10 feet.:D
I haven't had any issues getting online, reading books, surfing, or watching videos. Imo, it works as well as any tablet except maybe not as fast or as much resolution. It has a big pop-up touch-screen keypad thats easy to use and the screen has zoom features (just double tap the edge of the screen). I can do almost anything on my tablet that I can do on my desktop! Also, I can pickup Trendnet WiFi with it at about 100 feet away from the source. And you can buy an adaptor cable to hookup to a USB on other computers. I've used it to transfer files to my Kindle. It's definitely worth the money! :D

The down sides: You need to keep it plugged in charging when you're not using it cause the battery isn't replaceable - the battery loses some of it's shelf life if it gets too low.
Also, you'll need to use the earbuds cause the speaker isn't very loud.

Wow! Thanks for the detailed reply! You do seem to know quite a lot about computers and tablets! So sorry about the late reply, I was in the Netherlands, I just came back a few days ago!

It sounds the Kindle Fire is a great option if you don't want to spend too much on one of those expensive tablets. I mean, is cool to have a device specially created for handling your e-books. I will definitely get one after a while, but not now because I really need to save for my treatments. Thanks a lot for the amazing tips, you are awesome! By the way, how is everything going with you?

Reaction score
Mine are just your basic laptops and despite my lack of interest in their exterior they manage to soldier on and do what I need them to do. They compute and do it well so they are allowed to stay in my study.

Reaction score
I have a custom built computer and a laptop. I use them varying depending on the task at hand. If it is gaming, definitely the desktop computer will do the trick. If it is light work and coding, then my laptop will come in handy.

Reaction score
I switched to a refurbished Dell computer today that used to be leased to an office. I didn't want to retire my previous computer, which was still working, but support for Windows XP ended today so I would have been leaving my computer vulnerable to hackers if I had gone online with it. My previous computer was 10 years old,so I couldn't upgrade it to Windows 7. I'll bet a lot of hackers are celebrating that there are going to be a lot of vulnerable XP computers because many people couldn't afford to change or upgrade.

Ask a Question