What do you grow indoors?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
If an aphid is born on a saturday, it can be a grandparent by wednesday
3351.gif

Yikes! That is a scary thought! And really creepy too!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I don't grow too many edible plants indoors. I grow a few herbs - lavender, basil, mint and thyme. I also grow onions and chili peppers.

Reaction score
This year I am growing lettuce, basil and cilantro inside in a homemade hydroponic system. I want to purchase a grow light so I can keep growing all the same stuff I grew all summer like tomatoes, peppers and cucumbers. I am looking for a grow light that is not too expensive.

Reaction score
Tomatoes! When I tell people that I have tomatoes growing on my kitchen counter sometimes, they think I'm insane. I've purchased a system called Aerogarden and it allows you to grow plants indoors without soil. They come with seeds and everything and it's amazing. I can literally pluck tomatoes off the plant and eat them as I wish. It's a little complicated due to the lack of dirt and figuring out how much time the lights should be on for, but it's really useful when considering growing indoors.

Reaction score
I am thinking of growing herbs this winter. I would love to grow vegetables or fruit inside, but I just don't have the space to do that. I think if I did, I would definitely go with dwarf variations to limit the amount of room it would take.

Reaction score
I've only managed to grow herbs indoors. I don't think vegetables would be very practical for me anyway. I'm short for growing space for the herbs as it is.

Reaction score
Right now I just grow a few house plants, in the past I have grown some herbs but would like to grow some small fruit trees indoors. I saw some small trees like avocado and tomato that you can buy online. I would really like to get that avocado because they are so expensive in the store it's ridiculous!

Reaction score
I've a small chili plant. You know, that kind of plant that has a lot chilis of diferent colours and such :p It's a miniature plant, I think. I also grow some basil and mint. They're growing beautifully :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I've a small chili plant. You know, that kind of plant that has a lot chilis of diferent colours and such :p It's a miniature plant, I think. I also grow some basil and mint. They're growing beautifully :)
My boyfriend grows a chili plant too. It looks so pretty! The fruits are red and yellow. Personally, I'm scared of trying them, but I know that he dries them and sometimes adds some of it to his meals:)

Reaction score
We now have a beautiful Aloe Vera (one word or two?) growing in our kitchen. We have loved it. We have used it on the kids sunburns this summer. I found it while shopping at Ikea. It was very much an impulse buy that we are enjoying. I was thinking of trying to make some creams out of it but it works so well just pinching off a leaf. I might freeze some of the juice in the freezer just in case I manage to kill the plant. Its been fun.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Right now I just grow a few house plants, in the past I have grown some herbs but would like to grow some small fruit trees indoors. I saw some small trees like avocado and tomato that you can buy online. I would really like to get that avocado because they are so expensive in the store it's ridiculous!

My mom has an avocado tree that she bought at either Lowes or Walmart, not sure which. If I were you I would check around for a local source for fruit trees because you want a variety that can take your climate and you want to be able to see the tree and determine it's health before buying. It's also good to have a place to go back to if something goes wrong. Mail order can be a huge gamble sometimes.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
The Aerogarden sounds like a system I may want to put to use this winter. I was not able to start an outdoor garden this year because I moved into a new place. I still want my own grown food so the Aerogarden my fill that need I have for some fresh tomatoes and lettuce. Thanks for the review of the product.

Reaction score
From ever since i am gardening i have being growing my herbs(rosemary,peppermint and basil) and my aloe vera plant on my kitchen counter; and they have always thrived pretty well.

Ask a Question