What do I do with my sansevieria?

Reaction score
Country
Poland
So my sansevieria recently grew a child that comes from the main root. The problem is, the mother plant is too big and I'm scared the small sprout next to it won't develop the right way but at the same time I have no idea how to propagate it. Do i just cut it off right next to the main root, rip it off and put in water for some time or just leave it the way it is? Any tips will help bcs I'm too inexperienced and I don't want to kill my fav plant

Attachments

• sansevieria1.jpg
    sansevieria1.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 29
  • sansevieria2.jpg
    sansevieria2.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 48
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Slice the off-set off at the base. Allow it to dry, then pot up. No need to stand it in water. Plants seldom require repotting, best grown in clay pots. If and when repotting is needed, the roots will split the clay pot.

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Slice the off-set off at the base. Allow it to dry, then pot up. No need to stand it in water. Plants seldom require repotting, best grown in clay pots. If and when repotting is needed, the roots will split the clay pot.
May I know why I should let the propagated piece dry? And for how long?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Basically to allow the cut to callous. This seals the cut and prevents rotting. Often just an hour or so. Failure to adopt this practice for instance with geranium/pelargonium cuttings results in, blackleg and the rotting of the cutting.

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Basically to allow the cut to callous. This seals the cut and prevents rotting. Often just an hour or so. Failure to adopt this practice for instance with geranium/pelargonium cuttings results in, blackleg and the rotting of the cutting.
Okay omg thank you so much!! I'll make sure it stays healthy! :]

Ask a Question