What did you do in your garden today?

Gail_68

Beauty blooms in the garden as well as the heart.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Yes thanks, all the wallflowers came up. Did some polyanthus seeds that i collected and they came up. But still small to flower yet, not sure if i did them later.:)
Oh I am pleased things went ok...as you did quite a few seeds I know that...hubby is missing your cakes ;)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
rps20181115_075544.jpg
Made a slight dent in my delivery of mulch. Heading into summer so need to get a wriggle on.
rps20181115_075629.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
Nothing today, as it was a golf day. But it will be more leaf collection tomorrow and I'm going to thin out the two viburnums in the front garden. Each has a couple of very thick branches, surrounded by tall new thin ones.

I might re-pot a couple of the roses on the patio.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
I planted three roses today. Not as easy as it sounds with a garden that sits on bedrock and tree roots running everywhere. But they're in and I'll look forward to seeing them grow come next Spring.

Gail_68

Beauty blooms in the garden as well as the heart.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
will be more leaf collection tomorrow
Same here Sean i'll be glad when they've finished :rolleyes:
Not as easy as it sounds with a garden that sits on bedrock and tree roots running everywhere
Hello Seal, I hope your keeping well and as your garden been going to plan?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
I've thinned out the viburnums in the front garden, one was "attacking," a rhodo next to it. In fight between them a viburnum will always win. As the rhodo was being pushed to one side, after removing a big old branch of the viburnum, I've wired some of the branches of the rhodo to the viburnum to get it to start straightening up. I'll shorten the wires every few months, but it'll take a few years to recover.

More leaf collecting, green bin is full..again!

Last edited:

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Not much else to do in my gardens this year. The pumpkins I had on my porch started getting soft so I set them in the garden near a tree for squirrels and other mammals to eat.

We've been getting snow. It won't be too long before I can start spreading seed around. I've got four small gardens I need to seed. They were all added this year so there isn't much growing in them yet. I'll probably throw some seed in the main garden as well. I'll be waiting for the next significant snowfall to do that.

Last edited:

Ask a Question