What did you do in your garden today?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I didn't even let myself go in to the perennial or veggie areas (yet), but still managed to spend $138 on annuals yesterday. o_O
Got most of them planted, still have to do a couple of hanging baskets and the containers for the back deck.

Lots of petunias, cosmos (I just love those), trailing vinca, begonias, dahlias, marigolds, zinnias...

Pulled more creeping charlie. That's pretty much a daily task, just trying to keep up with it. My friend one block away has zero creeping charlie in her yard. I'm freaking inundated with it.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I didn't even let myself go in to the perennial or veggie areas (yet), but still managed to spend $138 on annuals yesterday. o_O
Got most of them planted, still have to do a couple of hanging baskets and the containers for the back deck.

Lots of petunias, cosmos (I just love those), trailing vinca, begonias, dahlias, marigolds, zinnias...

Pulled more creeping charlie. That's pretty much a daily task, just trying to keep up with it. My friend one block away has zero creeping charlie in her yard. I'm freaking inundated with it.
Maybe this will help Beth
http://www.lfpress.com/2013/06/12/growing-concerns-its-best-to-destroy-the-pesky-weed

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Yup @Tetters , that's pretty much what I do, just have to stay vigilant! I'm having a dead tree in my side yard cut down and shredded into a mulch pile next week; that should help.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 b
Country
Russian Federation
I planted vegetables in a mini greenhouse and potatoes in a straw. :love:

IMG_4249.JPG

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Harvested a few squash, decided to deadhead roses when the wind wasn't whipping them around, and pulled some bolted lettuce to give to the hens. I'm lazy today . . . .

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I'm in the planning stage of adding one last native garden extension to my main garden. Unfortunately, it'll be in a mostly shady area and I don't currently have many shade plants, so I may have to buy some seed packets this Autumn.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I squished dog poop in my bare hand today ripping asian jasmine out. Like playdoh factory between my fingers kind of squished.

Ask a Question