What did you do in your garden today?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Never been brave enough to give it a go....but hear that it's brilliant. Is it a really bad pong :eek: ?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Got all the vegetables in the ground today. Yay! All I have to do now is truck over a bunch of mulch I have from some tree work last week. I have a small mountain of woodchips. :)

Also I have a bunch of milkweed in the veggie garden so I strategically planted around it. Last year a friend decided to help me out by doing some weeding and pulled it all out. :rolleyes::confused: He's not allowed to "help" this year!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Completely cleared 1 overgrown plot of weeds and things that I just no longer wanted and then mulched. I was paying for it later. I'm 21 weeks pregnant and have to remind myself to take it easy! But now i have nicely cleared bed for all the things I started from seeds!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
BethB, we learn from sad experience not to let anyone into our gardens! I've lost flowers, a complete crop of broccoli, and other vegetables to people who just wanted to "help:"
KKosy, where are you in the USA? Your recently cleared bed will be great for your starts. Remember to take it easy--you are carrying a new gardener and need to let him/her develop before you put the baby to weeding!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Sadly........nothing, showers on and off most of the day. But mustn't grumble.......we needed it(y)(y)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Took dosh tree and potted my new banana "musa Florida". It's field ready but I need to make room for it and didn't have time after the tree. Don't worry, that isn't what I put it in, that's what it shipped in.
20170527_162827.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
Russian Federation
I planted seeds on March 5. They lived in the apartment until April 20. Then I put them in the greenhouse. The weather was terrible and we turned the heater on ( every night, 2 weeks). There was snow, frost and hurricane. I don't remember the same horrible spring in my life. And now - I am happy. I admire of my first tomato in this years.
SAM_1698.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I usually take 10 minutes to walk through the yard in the morning before I get ready for work. Gives me a chance to see what's doin well and what isn't, what I need to do on the weekend and just gets me outside before I go spend the day in an office with no windows :eek:

Yesterday while out I decided a bush need removed, so in my pjs and sandals, I broke out the spade! 15 minutes later I was done, but a mess. I'm sure if my neighbors looked out the window to see me in pajamas and flip flops, coveted in dirt and sweat dragging a half dead bush to the curb they would have thought I went nuts! :ROFLMAO: sorry, no pics! :p

Ask a Question