What did you do in your garden today?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Bought some potting soil for the containers and some lilies. Planted the lilies and started refreshing compost on some plants. Fertilized the lawn and finally decided to just strimmer the garden and attempt to till it roots and all.

Reaction score
Country
France
Had nothing but issues with this site past few days... I think my internet speed drops right down when this occurs as well, but hey this morning up and running...One thing we did when we moved here in 2014 garden wise is never skimp on the garden equipment. The Garden here has been a challenge so having most types of mowers strimmers... noting the little battery one is used most days.. brush cutter and chain saws.. high reach one included has been safer than climbing ladders to reach and the newest is yet to be ordered but on the list... oh and the high reach Telescopic Branch Pruner 400cm maximum cut is one useful tool for me..lightweight and once again no ladder needed...
Garden tasks yesterday was sowing lots of seeds...new thing for this year as the Garden needs to be more colourful and at less costs than buying ready grown one...this is a first for me, actually purchased proper seed compost, hoping that will mean success with them...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
@Woollie - I couldn`t agree more about the garden equipment. It usually hurts to part with money that could be spent on plants, but it can make such a difference! One of my latest purchases was a long handled trowel for planting stuff out, and oh boy does it make a difference to be able to pop stuff in without having to get down on all fours!
My little ''lady'' fork and lightweight spade are also invaluable - I can get lots more done with them :happy:

The sun is shining - must get on with it !!!!

Reaction score
Country
France
Husband spends little on himself, but gardening and diy tools he will buy whatever we need and whatever they cost, the plus side for me is I can spend on whatever without feeling any guilt.....hard to forget the early years of affording the basics when 1st settled or saddled haha with three babes in one year....phew..do not go there..;) My love is gardening now....

Reaction score
Country
France
Connection messing about again..just on here though!

001.JPG

This Olive Tree started loosing it's leaves last spring and although some are expect to fall
the amount was full on..yellowed and dropped it picks up a tad has had little olives on it even
but the usual issue like this state bad drainage..seems to drain fine. Knowing there is huge
problems around the world with Olive Trees and Diseases I have read up a fair amount on
the subject...,,,,still no idea about our problem though....
010.JPG

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Goodness knows what`s wrong with your connection Woollie, I don`t have any bother with that on here ??
I`ve never tried growing Olive trees - can`t stand the taste or thought of olives - yuk :sick:
That`s a smashing planter though.

The sun came out today - it was great, and I got a bit more clearing done and got rid of some weeds.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
My raised containers are made and now the plants I set in them are doing nothing. I went to OSU Extension service here and he is sending a soil sample off to be tested. Should get some results back in a week.

Attachments

• IMG_1326.JPG
    IMG_1326.JPG
    178 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_1348 (2).JPG
    IMG_1348 (2).JPG
    290.2 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_1753.JPG
    IMG_1753.JPG
    201.8 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_1755.JPG
    IMG_1755.JPG
    274.5 KB · Views: 39
Reaction score
Country
France
Well the conn3ect
Goodness knows what`s wrong with your connection Woollie, I don`t have any bother with that on here ??
I`ve never tried growing Olive trees - can`t stand the taste or thought of olives - yuk :sick:
That`s a smashing planter though.

The sun came out today - it was great, and I got a bit more clearing done and got rid of some weeds.
Olive Oil is good for you Tetters and try a tablespoon heated and put some spuds in the oven precooked similar to roast potato's but healthier....
connection here as living in the so called sticks then certain sites like this one seem to cause hanging issues..advice says the browser is an issue whatever that means....
Today in the Garden
he woke a tad to early 2nd Photo
latest wood store etc.JPG

Tidied this up and almost forgot there's an outdoor table tennis setup stored in the back and quite a few other things...you can never have too much storage. Logs cut this afternoon and some watering of new plants....
hedgehog.JPG

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Well the conn3ect

Olive Oil is good for you Tetters and try a tablespoon heated and put some spuds in the oven precooked similar to roast potato's but healthier....
connection here as living in the so called sticks then certain sites like this one seem to cause hanging issues..advice says the browser is an issue whatever that means....
Today in the Garden
he woke a tad to early 2nd Photo
View attachment 76773

Tidied this up and almost forgot there's an outdoor table tennis setup stored in the back and quite a few other things...you can never have too much storage. Logs cut this afternoon and some watering of new plants....View attachment 76772
Love your taste in gloves!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
I am just raking out again, more to go. My good neighbor who starts veggie seeds in his house, just put up a tent so he can bring out plants to harden over. He usually gives me 4 tomato plants for a huge planter. And he will say come on over and pick what you want I have plenty. In exchange I send over cookies or homemade bread. Lately with some clean out I have found little gifts for his grand children. We have lived next to each other for 34 years now. We both are the same age, both of us retired. Sadly his wife has developed dementia. She is still "with it" for some of the time. But, one day she did wander into my property with some anxiety looking for her children and came up to me. Thank goodness she felt safe to find me. We casually walked back and then noted her husband knew she was missing. All went well. We live in a very safe place. It is sad.

Ask a Question