What did you do in your garden today?

Reaction score
Country
France
Took a few snaps...
Dug over again the veggie plot and took out more weeds...soon will plant some Potatoes, Charlotte variety

some other photos around my garden today..

plants and girlze.JPG

New plants this year in the Planter..Lavender french type, Ceonothus delight,Osteospermum
and a new species..Fluffy Puss....
Kumquat tree.JPG

Kumquat Tree has orange citrus type fruits.
Polyanthus and one of the many rock fossils we dig up here..
poly and stone.JPG

I seemed to have messed up the brief story of the greenhouse...so the picture is from the web page where we puchased this last month and the construction has been ************************************** so we are now back to just the paving......I said I liked paving, anyway :unsure:

Attachments

• 0236-0013-Zoom-01.jpg
    0236-0013-Zoom-01.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 44
  • greehouse.JPG
    greehouse.JPG
    108.6 KB · Views: 53
  • 036.JPG
    036.JPG
    95.2 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
Mowed the lawn and treated the few areas of its border in the shade of the rhodos and azaleas with iron sulphate. Too early for lawn food, but the moss doesn't know that.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I took a couple pics of my indoor seedlings progress! Garlic and kale!

Attachments

• IMG_20210301_153317384_480x640.jpg
    IMG_20210301_153317384_480x640.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_20210301_153342220_640x480.jpg
    IMG_20210301_153342220_640x480.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 43
Reaction score
Country
France
Sowed some more seeds..this time Echinacea and loads of Cosmos bipinnatus 'Sensation' and lastly, loads of Calendula pot marigolds 'Orange King' all from the UK.. Premium Seeds and just got them delivered before 'Brexit' where now all has changed as we cannot send or receive parcels from each other..madness..but maybe able to via Ireland....as they are still in the EU...I am still adding plants to this once weed ridden area...
007.JPG

Lilac now in bubs and the rose tree that grows through it is taking off now also..added a new
Lavender and a new Pinks Plant...we have mint growing here as well as nearby our kitchen...
012.JPG

Geraniums are flourishing and the mauves will brighten that little bed nicely
013.JPG

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Sowed some more seeds..this time Echinacea and loads of Cosmos bipinnatus 'Sensation' and lastly, loads of Calendula pot marigolds 'Orange King' all from the UK.. Premium Seeds and just got them delivered before 'Brexit' where now all has changed as we cannot send or receive parcels from each other..madness..but maybe able to via Ireland....as they are still in the EU...I am still adding plants to this once weed ridden area...
View attachment 76409
Lilac now in bubs and the rose tree that grows through it is taking off now also..added a new
Lavender and a new Pinks Plant...we have mint growing here as well as nearby our kitchen...
View attachment 76410
Geraniums are flourishing and the mauves will brighten that little bed nicely
View attachment 76411
Looks great woollie have you got the mint in the ground? Because it will take over, it's best to put it in a container and divide it every few years. Unless it's got a lot of space to spread.

Reaction score
Country
France
Looks great woollie have you got the mint in the ground? Because it will take over, it's best to put it in a container and divide it every few years. Unless it's got a lot of space to spread.
It has been in the ground now for several years and it has not escaped that often....We cut it down to the ground in Winter and then off it goes again..If it got out of hand we would use a container as you kindly suggested... @Logan

Reaction score
Country
France
We have a great time planting trees and planting flower as we also do commercial landscaping , Residential landscaping and many other things while doing quality work and we really enjoy doing our work .
View attachment 76412
Love that wall..a real statement, setting the scene...like to have seen a few weeds, I am constantly fighting with them...

the lawnsman

lawn and garden super freak
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
spent yesterday on the patio-emptying last years pots.

will let this dry a little more, then off to the local mulch center to become, more mulch!

nice to get a jump on things at home before my "real" lawn season kicks in here in SW ohio.

will start tidying up beds and cutting things back shortly, the weather is in my favor at least through next week, with sunny, fairly mild temps. holding steady.

DSCF4807.JPG

Reaction score
Country
France
Spent time yesterday digging out mainly new grass that is not welcome on the driveway, thinks it's a lawn thanks to the way it was laid...no weed suppressant underneath the 1st layer... can't use any weed killer as I find that so damaging to everything that is living.
Husband planning on making our new Gate, going within bottom border fence as we have taken charge of a new plot of adjoining land..purely bought it for our peace, we do not want anybody else buying it and then building on it...
So off to the Wood yard this morning with car and trailer as we cannot use the Mitsubishi Truck legally here in France. rules and regulations...they never stop...c'est la vie...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Spent time yesterday digging out mainly new grass that is not welcome on the driveway, thinks it's a lawn thanks to the way it was laid...no weed suppressant underneath the 1st layer... can't use any weed killer as I find that so damaging to everything that is living.
Husband planning on making our new Gate, going within bottom border fence as we have taken charge of a new plot of adjoining land..purely bought it for our peace, we do not want anybody else buying it and then building on it...
So off to the Wood yard this morning with car and trailer as we cannot use the Mitsubishi Truck legally here in France. rules and regulations...they never stop...c'est la vie...
There are grass herbicides that leave broadleaf plants alone for keeping ornamental beds clear of grasses.

Reaction score
Country
France
I would think they are all unhea
There are grass herbicides that leave broadleaf plants alone for keeping ornamental beds clear of grasses.
I realise there are various products on the market but I do not wish to add any chemicals to the earth for people or our pets health..so I can get the burner out but at the moment the 'grassed driveway 'has deep roots and burning is ok but does not really get to the root of the problem..haha..that was a pun but guessing, as your over there, you'll miss it;)
Got the Wood for the Gate... and received a speeding ticket from our nice government dept in the post....the area was away from here so not familar with the area at all... apparently it was 90 km/hr zone and Husband done 102 km/hr... you are allowed 10% over so right annoyed he is...c'est la vie...45 Euros fine if you pay immediately which I have done... or 68 euros up to 15 days..after that a whopping 180 euros...Macron collecting his vacation pocket money...again...:)......Have a nice Day....

Ask a Question