What did you do in your garden today?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
This was long overdue. The ladder want actually too bad, but there has to be a better way to cut these things! Like an oversized set of loppers? On a long pole? Does that exist?
IMG_20181226_091303484.jpg
IMG_20181226_091258197.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United Kingdom
I Uses the Wolf Garten 7201083 (RC-M/ZM-V3) Tree Shears Set & also have the Saw attachment to go with it. It would cut out the uses of ladders altogether (y)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I Uses the Wolf Garten 7201083 (RC-M/ZM-V3) Tree Shears Set & also have the Saw attachment to go with it. It would cut out the uses of ladders altogether (y)
Ok, I want it. Where can I buy that? I can't seem to find a retailer.

Although I don't think it will eliminate the need for the ladder. My pole saw guess to 14ft and I still need the ladder. That tree is probably 25 feet.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I got a good chance to use my poo pusher \ compost roller that FINALLY came yesterday. It holds 2 bags of Black Kow and puts out a nice sprinkle. It keeps the debris inside, and if the compost is moist it makes little poo balls that I dump out and spread at the end of the run. It covers faster and thinner than I can by shovel and rake. 20 bags spread 10 to go!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United Kingdom
Ok, I want it. Where can I buy that? I can't seem to find a retailer.

Although I don't think it will eliminate the need for the ladder. My pole saw guess to 14ft and I still need the ladder. That tree is probably 25 feet.

multi-change® Telescopic Handle 220-400cm from WOLF-Garten. this is there longest pole they do. this pole would give you atlest another 6 feet I'd guess

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
multi-change® Telescopic Handle 220-400cm from WOLF-Garten. this is there longest pole they do. this pole would give you atlest another 6 feet I'd guess
Where do you buy them? I only see one so far and they do not have the head, just the pole.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
This was long overdue. The ladder want actually too bad, but there has to be a better way to cut these things! Like an oversized set of loppers? On a long pole? Does that exist?
View attachment 47932 View attachment 47933

Be very careful pruning palms. I have had snakes, baby ratcoons, hornet nests and green iguanas fall on me while trimming them. Thank goodness we don’t have palm trees in N.C.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Be very careful pruning palms. I have had snakes, baby ratcoons, hornet nests and green iguanas fall on me while trimming them. Thank goodness we don’t have palm trees in N.C.
No iguanas here, plenty of the little green, brown and blue lizards. And snakes and hornets... ugh

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
So far I have been pleased with weeds being both low and slow in the winter garden. Got some rain last night. I do not believe I have watered by pipe mor than 2 times this whole year. I see some weeding coming on, but its nice to not have to hurry like in the fast growing summer when grasses are coming up as well. View attachment 47430

Nice work! Wish I could do the same!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
You've done a great job, Daren. I love the woven arch! (y)

Ask a Question