What Did they Sell Me?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Fear not, for I - having had to look up said Alyssum - have learned it is an incrediblely diverse group. Perhaps its technically true, but not your expected version?
I've considered that, but I have no experience in the other varieties, except for the carpet of snow that have a different color, I think they call it, Royal Carpet..., but in that case the plant looks exactly the same.

So it's definitely a possibility that I have a different variety of Alyssum...but which one...:confused:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Alyssum is very ground hugging and has only tiny leaves and bendy stems. No way could that be the alyssum that I know.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Now they look like astroemeria!:eek::eek::eek:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
img_1218-jpg.31189

This pic just reminds me of my alstroemeria.. In fact, the reddish flower bud next to them at the bottom right-hand corner seems to confirm that these plants are self seeded from the flowering plant ie. alstroemerias!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United Kingdom
I Don't think Roadrunner will have flowering on them for at least Two or four months Probably closer to four;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
The plant still hasn't flowered, but whatever it is it fared well in the last couple cold snaps that saw temps well below the freezing point for several nights.

FWIW, If that helps to rule anything out...until I get a pic of its flower.

Ask a Question