What deed, thought, sight or what was said today that made you smile?

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
A new one for today! How the mentally challenged was put in charge?

46F67D4F00000578-0-image-a-3_1512385694965.jpg

46F67C7900000578-0-image-m-10_1512385782748.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5143483/Hilarious-photos-slap-dash-builders-mistakes.html

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Where do you find all these pics @alp ? They are amazing :D(y)

I saw the Alexander Armstrong prog,a while back on hidden underground places and there was a similar bit about what was under the sea in the Bay of Naples area...most of which vanished when Versuvius erupted. They swam around mosaic tiled courtyards and what was left of some of the villas.... stunning.

:D:ROFLMAO::D:ROFLMAO:....the one above reminds me of my grandparents conservatory.....if you could call it that, mind you this was over 45 yrs ago. It was half brick and half glass...well not quite that equal ratio:D:D more like 3/4 brick and a 1/4 glass ....so that if you sat down your only view was that of a brick wall, exactly like your pic above @alp ......so funny.
Thanks for that ......makes me smile at all the lovely memories of my grandparents:)(y)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Nice way to start the day. I am being put on hold waiting for Amazon. When I ordered the flour, it was £13.30 and I would have 35p back from my £45 vouchers. Now they say I owe them £2.85 because the flour is now priced £15.20!

I would like to boycott them, but I have the vouchers and I need to spend them. You really must keep a record of all the prices and names. But the nightmare is that they are all Belchedre Watermill organic .. and after that you can't see any more of the names.. No idea if they are wholemeal, white, white strong, fine ground..

I am glad that I have spent all the vouchers. I would rather go to Waitrose to get them rather than patronising this almightily greedy transnational .. Crumbs, sound like a one-foot-in-the-grave old righteous moan!:eek:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
:D:ROFLMAO:.........moan away @alp.... that's what friends are for, to share the bad times as well as the good. !!

Hope you get through soon, have they got piped Christmas music playing for all ' on hold' customers :)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
:D:ROFLMAO:.........moan away @alp.... that's what friends are for, to share the bad times as well as the good. !!

Hope you get through soon, have they got piped Christmas music playing for all ' on hold' customers :)

Thank heavens the music was Chopin's Etude, a beautiful piece.

Well, the electronic pricing always win.. They must have increased the prices.

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
A woman has twins and gives them up for adoption. One of them goes to a family in Egypt and is named "Ahmal." The other goes to a family in Spain; they name him "Juan."

Years later, Juan sends a picture of himself to his birth mother. Upon receiving the picture, she tells her husband that she wishes she also had a picture of Ahmal.

Her husband responds, "They're twins! If you've seen Juan, you've seen Ahmal."

:oops: Sorry. I just love a really bad pun.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
My classmate was a titled lady and one of twins and it was only during her wedding that I found out her twin was a head taller than her..

Lovely and sad story, @MaryMary !

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Well, if a mother has to give away her children, it will always be a sad story to me!

You should have a compilation of your stories, Mary!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
I saw something wonderful and awe inspiring today--a book store in the nearby small city! Books, tables and tables full of books, organized by subject matter in a clean, well-lit store. I nearly cried, but the tears would have interfered with reading titles.
This may not seem like much to you sophisticated folks, but a functioning bookstore with a wide selection of books, within a 20 minute drive? As soon as I got home I called to bibliophile friends, and they are heading out Friday morning to have a revelry of books!
I was restrained and bought only three books. But, there is always next week . . . .

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@marlingardener Book stores are now a rare breed unless they are chain stores. Even libraries are now bereft of new books and they keep emailing my son to re-use their facilities. I hope this lovely book stores have the local support as everybody now uses A?? which inflates its prices .. I don't want to use them, but son has got vouchers. After that, local chain stores for me.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Oh you are very lucky @marlingardener to have that lovely book shop:) As @alp said we only really have chain stores ones ....a quaint independent one is now a very rare sight:(

I must say that I love ,and use ,our library alot . Don't very often borrow ' real ' books much nowadays it's mostly ebooks, this is mainly because it saves me travelling into town so much ( use to be in there a lot when I was working) and also there are no fines as the ' book' is automatically returned after the set time limit, although they can be renewed too. The other brilliant thing is that the online library is forever open......even borrowed one on Christmas Day last year !!!.....mind you I was recovering from surgery and chairbound ....it was a godsend for those 12weeks I can tell you!!!:):)(y)

Even now I read at least one book a week....it's my favourite way to chill out!:)

Ask a Question