What deed, thought, sight or what was said today that made you smile?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States

Reaction score
Country
United States
What a wonderful thread. I like happy.

I Joined today and so far the reading has made me happy. Seem like a good group of folks.
Someone joined right before me(was on the message board), dont think he/she will be returning anytime soon. Lucky you.. hahahahaha I'm probably not going anywhere for a while. MY happy thought today.... graph paper and seed catalogs DROOL.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a and 6b
Country
United States
I went into a dollar store to get a few diaper pins....I asked the cute young fella where the diaper pins were......He replied, "I don't know what diaper pins are".....WOW..I stopped in my tracks and laughed......

"What was I ever thinking?"....I also asked him "Did you ever think that one day along time ago they didn't have plastic diapers?" He replied, " and what were they made of, material...?" I said, "YES"... there was dead silence...

I quickly changed the subject to 'safety pins".. GOT THEM....It really made me laugh...

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Applicant goes in for a job interview........
CEO: "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?"
Applicant: "Sitting in your chair.....but asking better questions."

Nice one David and what a coincidence. Whilst in a store shopping early this morning I was having an interesting discussion with the guy who cleans the store floor; this guy is forever trying to convince me the world is flat quoting things like water is always level to which I reply strange when water is poured onto a ball the water doesn't sit level so you can guess the level of this discussion; I've also asked him if he walks directly in a straight line he will eventually fall off the edge of the earth and how would he return home without turning about face; I then asked him where he thought he would be in five years; his reply was "still operating this floor cleaning machine" now he was talking my language.

Kind regards, Colin.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Hi,

Nice one David and what a coincidence. Whilst in a store shopping early this morning I was having an interesting discussion with the guy who cleans the store floor; this guy is forever trying to convince me the world is flat quoting things like water is always level to which I reply strange when water is poured onto a ball the water doesn't sit level so you can guess the level of this discussion; I've also asked him if he walks directly in a straight line he will eventually fall off the edge of the earth and how would he return home without turning about face; I then asked him where he thought he would be in five years; his reply was "still operating this floor cleaning machine" now he was talking my language.

Kind regards, Colin.
So @Colin with age comes cynicism? That was a sharp one!

Ask a Question