What deed, thought, sight or what was said today that made you smile?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Applicant goes in for a job interview........
CEO: "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?"
Applicant: "Sitting in your chair.....but asking better questions."

Really good one! I need to find some genuine laughing emoji.

Thank you, @Gemma !

Don't think he will get the job, like me!

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I went into a dollar store to get a few diaper pins....I asked the cute young fella where the diaper pins were......He replied, "I don't know what diaper pins are".....WOW..I stopped in my tracks and laughed......

I had a young lady come up to my register, put her items on the counter, then say, "Wait, I'm not sure if this is what I want." (There was no one behind her, so no rush, and I did not mind waiting.) She kept picking up a can of butter flavored cooking spray, turning it over and reading the back of it. Still no one behind her, so I just watched. I like to watch people, and I admit, by now I was more than a bit curious!

Finally, she said (to herself, I think,) "It's the only thing I can find, so it'll have to do." Well, now, I am just way too curious, so I asked her, "What are you looking for?" She explained to me that she was shopping for an older relative, and on the list was... spray starch!!! :LOL:

"Oh, no, no, that is not what she wants!!!" :eek:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a and 6b
Country
United States
@MaryMary People are so funny...I love to watch them in a store, especially if they are with a spouse.....or kid...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I had a young lady come up to my register, put her items on the counter, then say, "Wait, I'm not sure if this is what I want." (There was no one behind her, so no rush, and I did not mind waiting.) She kept picking up a can of butter flavored cooking spray, turning it over and reading the back of it. Still no one behind her, so I just watched. I like to watch people, and I admit, by now I was more than a bit curious!

Finally, she said (to herself, I think,) "It's the only thing I can find, so it'll have to do." Well, now, I am just way too curious, so I asked her, "What are you looking for?" She explained to me that she was shopping for an older relative, and on the list was... spray starch!!! :LOL:

"Oh, no, no, that is not what she wants!!!" :eek:
Oh that would have been a special moment !! Nice save! :geek:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Please do! Hopefully, my clematis Apple blossom and another one will do exactly JUST THAT! :giggle::joyful:
In your honor and using a list you once kindly provided, I am going to try a few different clematis this year. There is a little more sun along the front fence since I removed some fruit trees.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
In your honor and using a list you once kindly provided, I am going to try a few different clematis this year. There is a little more sun along the front fence since I removed some fruit trees.

What colours do you like? Big single or double please? OK, I AM nosy!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
What colours do you like? Big single or double please? OK, I AM nosy!
Well it works best this way, if I pretend to be colorblind, and let my resident artist pick the palette, all will be well! I am curious myself. Right now she is questioning my judgement about bags of manure compost laying about, but I have some defense as it has been 20f out lately!

Ask a Question