What deed, thought, sight or what was said today that made you smile?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
b02cc02.jpg

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Brilliant MaryMary; I often feel like going into the middle of a big field and screaming. ;)

Kind regards, Colin.

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
@DirtMechanic, that is me, absolutely!! :ROFLMAO: (I am stealing that and sending it to friends and family!!) Half of the time in the forum, I have to go back and erase at least a paragraph of "fluff" from my posts. I have a horrible habit of writing novellas for an answer!! :eek:

I learned from a talk show that that is a sign of ADHD. If someone asks, "What did you have for dinner?" and it takes you half an hour to say... "Anyway, I had soup and a sandwich," you've probably got it. :whistle:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Thanks marlingardner. I like your very pretty weather forecaster; visibility at 1/4 inch is about right for me without my glasses being worn. :)(y)

Kind regards, Colin.

Haha! That's a good one! We have had poor visibility the whole day here in Essex.

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

The last three days have been really special here; summer has arrived in February; very cold early morning but I've just come indoors feeling extremely hot having been out in the sun; surely I'm in a parallel universe and not Yorkshire?

At last my thoughts are turning to projects; we erected a 6' x 4' garden shed about 30 years ago and it's now looking tired so I plan to replace it with a home made hut; the shed has side windows the hut won't have windows for security. The new hut will be same size and I've just taken dimensions to work from.

A couple of years ago I designed and made a new hut for the garden bottom and this is very robust made of 22mm thick boards; I'll make this second hut of the same construction. It's just nice to get outside without being wrapped up like an Eskimo. I love this time of year when everything including me bursts into life. :)

Kind regards, Colin.

Our old shed still good at over thirty years old but looking rather tired. The laurels used to be 30' tall until I attacked them but this exposed the tall ugly fence. Our previous neighbours built a four bedroomed house to the top of their garden; Bron and I prefer to retain our garden rather than sell it as a building plot valued at £90,000; an increased bank account doesn't look as good as the garden does to us. We aren't money driven.

Up towards the shed.

The new garden hut I made a couple of years ago; the shed replacement will be based on this.

Our very steep rear garden which is subjected to extremes of weather; I'm delighted though many of the plants and shrubs I planted last year are now settling in nicely; the crocus and wallflowers are already in bloom as are many of the ground cover. What a lovely time of the year especially so when the sun is warm and my pet cloud Blackie is on holiday.

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Living here in Yorkshire we usually have nine months winter and three months bad weather; last year we enjoyed a rare summer but then I spent a lot of money planting to then have a long drought; this year we spent £600 on Michelin Cross Climate tyres and look at it now a heatwave in February; whatever I do things always react just the opposite; if anyone wants a lot of rain I'll buy a pair of wellies?

Kind regards, Colin.

Ask a Question