Welcome to Esther's Gardens, Parkesburg, PA, Chester County, USA

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Thanks Esther for posting your walk about which I found interesting. Teddy is now famous; we have lots of neighbours cats visit us daily and it's funny how they walk a few paces then stop to have a look around or to have a lick tidying themself up?

Your Hostas are shooting up and having your garden bursting with plants will keep weeding down; lots of lovely early colour though with lots more yet to come; it must be wonderful having such a level garden to wander around in. Well done Esther and thanks again for sharing. (y):)

Kind regards, Colin.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Thank you @Colin . Teddy follows me every where. he even knows the phrase, "lets go for a walk" and then we are off. his sister also joins in. his older mom tries, but she gives up half way out. he and I have a special flat rock we sit on down in the garden, he hops up next to me.

here is Teddy, being himself. sweet boy.

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Bron and I too are cat lovers Esther. (y) We'll never have another cat of our own though mostly because of greedy vets. Our last cat Furball was ill and we took him to the vet; he was bumping into furniture so we asked the vet to have a look at Furball's eyes; the vet checked everything but his eyes; we came away with the usual medication costing a fortune; Furball was sinking so we took him back and once again we came away with more expensive medication; on the Sunday we felt sickened as we watched Furball bumping around so this time we took him to the same vet but at another branch; we asked again to have his eyes checked; at last after three such requests we finally found out the reason the little lad was bumping into things; he was blind also he was seriously ill; the vet was more interested in running scans and tests; when we asked how much we were quoted around £1,000; Furball was an old cat and obviously to us he was suffering greatly; we were both in tears as we had him put to sleep; no more vets for us we've had enough of them; we've spent a lot of money on our pets over the years; £700 on our late Cola when he broke his jaw; we know vets need to make money as any business does but enough is enough for us.

This morning we've had our usual visitors; Max; Ruby; Harvey; Dudley; Aspro and we've now got a new cat we call Sooty visiting us; Sooty has taken a real shine to me spending time wanting my company in the garden either wanting petting or watching nearby from under the trees keeping an eye on me all the while; we still spend a lot of money on cat food and cat biscuits and we've started to buy bird peanuts online at 25kg a go saving a lot of money;

https://www.lovegardenbirds.co.uk/b...ja_GPUEsA-tq6k-I2ELks12RZwTKsiRgaAtnYEALw_wcB

Below is a picture of Sooty who loves to keep me company in the garden; we don't know who's cat he is but he looks fit and well and is used to being around people. Max has just been in again and Bron has wiped him down with a wet cloth which he enjoys plus of course a lot of petting and feeding his tummy. :)

Kind regards, Colin.

DSC00561.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
We are down to 4 cats, Twitches, MomCat, Sissy and Teddy, last 3 family. Twitches happened on our property 5 years ago and attached male, he fit in with the then group of 9 cats total. Got him fixed. Through the years due to age a few have gone to heaven. We will not get more after these are gone as for holidays I don't stay away much past 10 days, even though I have a wonderful cat sitter. Anyway, cost wise from the Vet, Teddy is the grand winner, but he was well diagnosed and the cost was according to the issue. Lets say, every time he pees I tell him its a $100.00 pee. But he is very special to me. The others have not cost anything beyond normal shots. Having no kids, and we both work. I am not leaving any money for anyone when I pass, so will use it all before then. that is the plan.

Ask a Question