Welcome to Esther's Gardens, Parkesburg, PA, Chester County, USA

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Thanks Esther. I love a walk in your garden. Your baby making hostas are magnificent and the close up of the variegated one is so clear, like the greens and cream have been painted on with a paint brush. I just might go for another walk:). I am trying to get my steps up to 10,000 each day;)

Last edited:

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Your hostas are brilliant Esther; given how many hostas you have it looks like your favourite plant?

Do you know the name of your yellow ground cover plant in your last video please; we've got something like it but don't know what it is?

I've just spent a while catching up on this thread; many thanks for posting all your excellent informative videos. :)

Kind regards, Colin.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Your hostas are brilliant Esther; given how many hostas you have it looks like your favourite plant?
thanks @Colin , they are not necessarily my favorite, but ones that work very well given the sun/shade situation. they do make a statement. If you noticed , I always put a plain one next to a striped, never striped next to a strip. To me they are used as a compliment to other plants as well. Its kinda like decorating a room to me. I have been splitting out some to local neighbors recently.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Do you know the name of your yellow ground cover plant in your last video please; we've got something like it but don't know what it is?
I forgot the name, husband will remember it. will ask him. that was a plant he brought up from another area to share in this area. so far its working well.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
IMG_4752.JPG
IMG_4750.JPG
IMG_4749.JPG
IMG_4748.JPG
IMG_4746.JPG
IMG_4744.JPG
IMG_4742.JPG
IMG_4745.JPG

Just some shots from today July 1, 2018. why the two at the bottom did not enlarge who knows. [now fixed]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
this particular garden is so full, I have to figure on lots of splitting, and moving of several plants and couple shrubs. too hot now to do that to them. most liking have to open a new area/section on the property. Have some "work in process" areas that can take some. Giving away to folks plants also. no need to buy anything this year.

Ask a Question