Welcome to Esther's Gardens, Parkesburg, PA, Chester County, USA

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
I may have to come here every now and then to trigger this. I would say all my blooms over a couple year, and garden views are here. Many new folks have no clue its here. Enjoy. Also my You Tube stuff. If you have questions please ask. My garden is about 33 years old, one last area still being worked on. The one down by the Gazebo.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA zone 8, RHS rating H4-H5
Country
United Kingdom
I may have to come here every now and then to trigger this. I would say all my blooms over a couple year, and garden views are here. Many new folks have no clue its here. Enjoy. Also my You Tube stuff. If you have questions please ask. My garden is about 33 years old, one last area still being worked on. The one down by the Gazebo.

You've created an absolutely wonderful garden, Esther! It has such an individual character and yet it blends in perfectly with its natural surroundings, that's quite an achievement!

Nick

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Hellaboros-purple.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Someone here ask if bulbs would come through wood shavings used as mulch. The answer is yes, my crocus in this one area are coming through proudly. We used the wood shavings only along a thin grassy area along side the drive , a pain to mow, and no issues for the crocus. will try to get pics later.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Country
United States
You're lucky to get blooms on your oakleaf hydrangea. The deer in my area love to chew on the stems in the winter so they never bloom

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
You're lucky to get blooms on your oakleaf hydrangea. The deer in my area love to chew on the stems in the winter so they never bloom
we have some deer that roam through our woods below. but probably because too many houses about have dogs that keeps them just passing through.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Wonderful walk through your garden Esther. I love the little seat on wheels. Perfect for weeding. Is it your invention or is it available to purchase.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Wonderful walk through your garden Esther. I love the little seat on wheels. Perfect for weeding. Is it your invention or is it available to purchase.
not my invention, not sure how we got it either. I think my husband picked it up at a house auction, the center nut and bolt thing needed to be replaced so he fixed it. but yes its great for weeding. I sometime use it to wheel something heavy from point A to point B.

Ad

Advertisements

Ad

Advertisements

Ask a Question