Welcome to Esther's Gardens, Parkesburg, PA, Chester County, USA

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I think the blue guys could be scilla.. The blue anemones are FANTASTIC - think we called it Blanda .. I must get some of those.. Wish you had lingered a bit longer on the Anemones... Thank you for sharing.. More of these please, especially when summer is here .. I'm surprised you don't try erythroniums.. or hellebores.. Low maintenance and a joy in the bleak winter's days.. (I mean hellebores), I don't know much about erythroniums, but love them very much. In fact a man went to the States and was captivated by them and came back and turned his woodland into a haven for them.. They were simply gorgeous.. Perhaps, soon you will have your meconopsis..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
@alp Have many videos and slide shows dating years back on you tube. you may catch what you mentioned on them. And yes those are called Scilla. over near the front of the drive have a white type drifting around. love how they move.

anyway please check out my You tube site for more

https://www.youtube.com/user/Estherredstar

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
my favorite mini daff is blooming now. note the blue tint to its leaves. ITs called Rip Van Winkle.
11412174_10209436987345453_6197983813236933866_o.jpg

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Aren't they gorgeous! I used to have a double similar to this.. But this year, I haven't seen it so far. Must have perished.. :cry::cry::cry:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
my blue poppy seeds are up some about a 1/4 inch, yeah. Ordered more seeds for some pots later and they are:
Blue Boy Bachelor's Buttons
Bunny Tail Grass
Milkmaid Nasturtium
Black Velvet Nasturtium
Oklahoma Zinnia Mixture
I usually mix the Milkmaid and the Black Velvet together in two pots which stand down by the gazebo. The bunny tail, might go with the blue boy, and the zinnia by it self.
Can start the Nasturtium soon as a quick May frost does not effect them. the others will have to wait till mid May, as we will be on vacation first two weeks in May.

Thinking I will get to a nursery and find a climbing moon flower for a pot on the deck, have it weave about, when mid May comes. It gives off a nice smell.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Gee, you're so well organised.. Do you have an under gardener while you're on holiday?

I have to find new ground for my vegs.. A major headache.. Look forward to seeing your photos and videos..

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
How lovely, @Esther Knapicius - love the blue anemone Blanda ... You're blessed with having so much land.. I don't even know where to grow my vegs and they are screaming for space, soil and freedom of movement... LOL!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
And another walk about. did not realize that two of my cats decided to follow along. One is Sissy Girl, the other Teddy. anyway, also near the end you can see a group of white blooming low bulbs down at the end of the drive by the light post, love those they keep multiplying every year.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
love that one with vibrant orange yellow crown.. Gorgeous and striking! Thank you for sharing, Esther... Love them ..I saw the salmon pink in your video and went to my local park and couldn't stop myself from snapping the pink salmon ones.. What a lovely coincidence!

Ask a Question