Weather

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Decided to plant in the japanese anemones but was met with gale force winds & hail, which in turn has melted & given everything a good watering. The first time in about 2 months - then we've just had some more rain. Looks like I will be sending the tanker your way Alp. The water butt was empty, the rhodos & camellias were bone dry, phewww :whistle:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Our weather recently...

qJbDQNI.gif

Yesterday morning was bright blue skies, and in the afternoon we had a thunderstorm with snow and hail! :eek: o_O

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@Mark56 Please don't rub it in.. Hehe! I worked through the rain as I knew it would not last long. Quite right. it didn't and even the ground hasn't been wetted. I'm gutted. Only got 1/3 of a flexitub shower water. Don't even know which bit to water as everything's crying out to be watered. I need your tanker, definitely. It's very cold and very windy.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I know, Logan!

SHOCK HORROR - FROST ON THE LAWN! It was so cold last night.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I am having shower, but only through my eyes!:cry::cry:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Feels like spring is finally here. Lows in the 40s at night, 60s and 70s in the daytime. (Apologies to the UK members, the US is the only place on the planet that hasn't converted to Celsius and I can't convert in my head.)

This weekend's gardening plans may be on hold though, because we have storms and lots of rain predicted from Friday through the weekend. If that's the case I may work all weekend and take a couple of days off next week to get the garden going. I'm self employed so I can make my own schedule. :)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Finally, we UK people can breathe a sign of relief as the chill has receded. The frost has ruined quite a few of my dahlias the night before. Now that the sun has gone, it has chilly again. Probably 8C.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I don't know yet. They look like they have been boiled and ready for consumption. As long as the tubers are not damaged, they should come back. I saw that I have tiny flower buds in my delphiniums.

Ask a Question