Wearable potted plant...!!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
There is also grass jewelry - I find grass really beautiful, when you look close at it, it's so detailed. But the more I think about it, the more I'm against 'wearable' plants - I just think it's not good for them to be used like this.

Claudine, I think these are more practical as well as wearable and they wouldn't be that difficult to maintain. I wouldn't do the grass, but the moss is definitely doable. In the right setting, moss jewelry could be very pretty. I'd be more likely to wear earrings or a bracelet though. Also, those rings are too big.

Reaction score
My favorite piece is the ring that has a little succulent under a little glass dome. I think that piece is the most practical and wearable because it's like a terrarium that you can wear on your hand.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
My favorite piece is the ring that has a little succulent under a little glass dome. I think that piece is the most practical and wearable because it's like a terrarium that you can wear on your hand.

How about a little terrarium necklace? The site this necklace came from has instructions on on how you can make one yourself: http://clossette.com/diy-how-to-make-a-terrarium-necklace/#
DSCN1711-728x546.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
It's quite nice but there is so much soil and I don't find soil too pretty nor decorative. The baby plant is cute though.
Anyway, I prefer traditional jewelry:)
This ring is so weird:

21284_ITPSpring11-livingrings-02.jpg

Reaction score
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
This is not exactly a potted plant ..it is a wearable fresh flower vase..

It's lovely, Maddie! I wonder if I could put up with something like that around my neck... I think I might need a longer chain because I have trouble wearing stuff close to my throat, but this necklace might be pretty with the right outfit.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
This is not exactly a potted plant ..it is a wearable fresh flower vase..
living-necklaces-rockettoro-pendants-let-you-hang-real-blossoms-from-your-n.jpeg

I like it. I probably wouldn't wear it either, because, like other jewelry in this thread, it's not exactly my style - but I really like it. It looks like a piece of art, the color of this flower is gorgeous. And when the flower wither, you can replace it with another one:)

Reaction score
I would love to wear this... with a lovely simple, silky, soft pink dress. I used to wear flowers in my ear lobes when I was small. I never liked the gold earrings my mom insisted I wear.. but little flowers would always find their way through the holes that I had had pierced in my ears lobes

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
I really like these earrings and necklaces, I find them very pretty and romantic:

l.jpg

I like this earring; it's something I would actually wear. It looks so natural like when you wear a flower in your hair or behind your ear. I really like the way this looks.

Reaction score
I love wearing natural flowers like pulmeria or frangipani , Jasmines etc.. Those are so pretty. I love to wear pink tea roses which grew abundantly in our garden. Guava flowers were another I loved wearing , they looked delicate and smelled good.:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I never wear any natural flowers...I don't know, they just wither too easily and I would feel sorry for them because I would keep thinking that they need water. They look very beautiful if you put them in hair for example but it's just not for me.
This is quite cute:

189102-612x612-1.png

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
I like the idea of both the necklace and the earrings as well, but I think I would be worrying about damaging them, or, even worse, if I didn't worry about it, and then smooshed the little plant, that would be awful. So I guess , at least to me, it is better to admire, than as a practicality. But if I can figure out a safe way to wear plant jewelry, I really like the idea.

Ask a Question