il_570xN.208017248.jpg

Wearable potted plant

:eek:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
I've seen those before, Becky, and thought they were pretty, but I'm not sure that I would want to wear one. First off, I don't really like things around my neck in general, but it seems like the plant would tickle your skin and that would drive me nuts.

I do like that the posy pin idea seems to be making a comeback, though. These are quite different from their Victorian predecessors.
cropped-lapel-vase-sm-sz.jpg

Reaction score
Becky, that is beautiful. I would love to one that has a lovely fragrance .. perhaps some herb.. :) I really love that stuff. .. I am going to look around for something like that :) LOL I am crazy but that is me :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I think it's cute but I'd be scared of hurting this little plant, it looks so delicate. Also, humans body is very warm, I don't know if it's good for a plant to stay so close to a warm skin. But I admit it looks lovely:D

Reaction score
It looks gorgeous in that picture, what a cool idea! But I feel the same as ChanellG, I wouldn't wear it, it would be an irritant and also like Claudine I would be concerned about the plant.

LOL I can see myself wearing it and getting busy with something else and then much later discovering the plant is drooping or turning brown on the leaves and I've been going around with a dead plant around my neck. But that's just me, I tend to be hard on my clothes in general so a delicate little plant is not something I would trust myself to wear!

Reaction score
I can see the plant pin, but a plant necklace, to me, would be a bit over-the-top. First of all, it's not attractive around your neck, and second, what outfit would go with it? I ask this question as a male, so I'm sure females would have a problem coordinating a plant necklace into her wardrobe. But maybe I'm wrong, I wouldn't know, just hope I never go on a date with a woman with a plant necklace, I'd probably think she was one or two bricks short of a load.

Reaction score
I can see the plant pin, but a plant necklace, to me, would be a bit over-the-top. First of all, it's not attractive around your neck, and second, what outfit would go with it? I ask this question as a male, so I'm sure females would have a problem coordinating a plant necklace into her wardrobe. But maybe I'm wrong, I wouldn't know, just hope I never go on a date with a woman with a plant necklace, I'd probably think she was one or two bricks short of a load.
That is not a nice thing to say... I love plants and this one looks so cute and wearable.. It crazy to think you would wear it and do some work.. I love the idea.. I wouldn't mind wearing it and thank God my husband wouldn't mind it either.. He always laughs and teases me about my craziness for plants and lets go of it.. :D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
What do you think about these earrings then? I wouldn't wear them, they're not my style and they look like they were heavy but I find them quite cute:p

plant-earrings-536x1024.jpg

Reaction score
LOL! They ARE cute and I agree, they look heavy. And, nope, I wouldn't wear them. I think the plant in the first example, the pendant, is a little succulent maybe but this one, I can't tell what it is. Can anyone identify it? Seems that would be important, to know what the plant is and what kind of care it might need. Or, maybe these are meant to be disposable, or refillable?

This reminds me too of a local gardener I'm acquainted with who has a small rack on the front bumper of her pick up truck which holds living plants. I don't know her well enough to have seen it that often but the time I saw it, there were pansies in there. This was last winter. They looked a tad weather beaten but still, it was cute! I asked someone about it and was told it was her "signature." Plants everywhere!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
I think it's cute but I'd be scared of hurting this little plant, it looks so delicate. Also, humans body is very warm, I don't know if it's good for a plant to stay so close to a warm skin. But I admit it looks lovely:D

Claudine, I hadn't even thought of the potential of damaging the plant. It's not something that could be worn all day, but it could be nice for an evening out as long as you didn't hug anyone.

LOL I can see myself wearing it and getting busy with something else and then much later discovering the plant is drooping or turning brown on the leaves and I've been going around with a dead plant around my neck...

Oh, I know I would likely get busy and forget and crush the poor thing!

I think Asian women would wear it; I think people who like "wearble art" jewelry would as well. I can't stand things around my neck/throat so I wouldn't, but I could easily see this worn with a very simple dress, especially for some kind of event.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
What do you think about these earrings then? I wouldn't wear them, they're not my style and they look like they were heavy but I find them quite cute:p

Claudine I love those! I doubt they are heavy at all, but I think they need a little refining. They seem a little awkward, but they are really cute. I think they would be more wearable if they were smaller.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I don't know, it somehow reminds me of my friend who was wearing baubles as earrings:p
What do you think about these rings?:p

259929169_632b1c8a08.jpg

99219998010813755_VJ7WS3tz_c.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
What do you think about these rings?

I think they are very creative and innovative, though the mossy one seems less practical. It's interesting that you post the one with the succulent because just earlier today I was envisioning something that would incorporate a succulent and trying to decide if it would really work on a small scale.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
There is also grass jewelry - I find grass really beautiful, when you look close at it, it's so detailed. But the more I think about it, the more I'm against 'wearable' plants - I just think it's not good for them to be used like this.

grass-ring.jpg

il_570xN.249135297.jpg

Ask a Question