Very intersting plant

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
Relax everyone it's not Japanese Knotweed, the leaves are the wrong shape. :) This is Knotweed below....

022 Japanese Knotweed.JPG

The leaves are more heart shaped and branches have a slight zigzag in them. The young stems tend to be thicker and speckled.

Reaction score
Country
Isle of Man
Yeah, if it is knotweed, OP might be in trouble. (I am no expert and have not ever seen knotweed in person, so don't take my idle speculation as fact.) On the plus side, since the plant is so notorious in the UK, it would probably be easy to find an authority to confirm or deny.

Where did you find this stuff, Crayon? Was it growing wild?

It was supposed to be a venus fly trap and its seed were very similar to venus fly trap but somthing eles grew out of it. The person who gave me the seeds orderd them from asia so yes its probably somekind of asian plant

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
Keep us posted on this one please Crayon, it'll be interesting to see how it develops.

I was surprised to see the Isle of Man flag in your avatar box. :) I moved to Scotland six months ago after 24 years there.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Relax everyone it's not Japanese Knotweed, the leaves are the wrong shape. :) This is Knotweed below....

View attachment 18072

The leaves are more heart shaped and branches have a slight zigzag in them. The young stems tend to be thicker and speckled.

Aha!! I have that in my side yard, gets taller than me in summer. I was going to post a pic for you guys to identify, but now I know what it is.
Mine's not invasive though? Comes up each year in the same place.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
It may be your cooler climate that's holding it back @Beth_B. The picture I took was alongside a river, it had spread across about 150ft of banking covering it totally, the bank was approximately 30ft high. It is invasive here in Britain and illegal to sell any property that contains it. It's also very difficult to destroy, even with chemicals.

Ask a Question