Unusual shaped fruit - square watermelons

Reaction score
Wow - would have loved to have seen that! Can you remember, what kind of bottle it was and was it really bottle shaped ?

Yes I do believe, all kinds of shapes have been tried with Pumpkins very successfully, including squashes, zucchini and cucumbers as well.

Are you thinking of having a go, at unusual shaped fruit or vegetable growing - a Pumpkin maybe or a bottle shaped cucumber or perhaps, even a square or heart shaped watermelon?

Reaction score
I love coming here everyday and getting inspired by everyone here! I now must have a garden full of shaped vegetables and fruits! I especially love the heart and square watermelons. I am imagining all the stares I would get, if I brought a square watermelon to the Farmer's Market.

I am also loving Jizo. I had never heard of him before. His cute little expression melts my heart!

Reaction score
Mariam - I'm so glad that we have inspired you to have a go at growing some unusual shaped fruit and vegetables this year and particularly the square watermelons - especially as they are very easy to do and if you were to take them to the Farmers Market you could make quite a bit of money too :D as the cheapest I've heard of a square watermelon selling for was $50 and people are willing to pay even more than that for one :)

I too - am going to be growing square watermelons this year and have to admit that I'm really looking forward to the astonished looks on my neighbors faces - when they see them growing in my vegetable garden :D

Reaction score
Country
United States
Does anyone know where I can buy a square watermelon? Would love to have one shipped to Los Angeles. If any of you happen to be growing them please let me know!

Ask a Question