Hurricane Michael...unusual aftermath....

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
.......photo. This photo taken, today, behind our daughter-in-law's grandparents' house in Callaway, Florida. Don't have a clue where it came from but know where it is now. That's our son.....looking in the cockpit for the keys.
21647.jpeg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
They will be there for a LONG time.........
I imagine so. I am baffled by the paperwork he has to do and has done. this is not his first storm. I am also baffled by the amount of paperwork all the house insurance companies have to do etc. But of course does not pale at the huge stress on those folks, and the deaths of many. Friend of mine bought a house in Florida couple years ago, she was saying the first thing anyone does down there is find out home insurance cost in that area, they are huge per year. Personally, would not want to live in Florida. Not forgetting North Carolina or South Carolina. We had gone looking in those two areas, and discovered one thing that we cannot tolerate, its called the Bug line, some where just inside of South Carolina is when in the summer bugs come out like crazy. The folks wear dryer softener sheets in their hats to keep them away. They say you can see clouds of them just moving about. So we nixed that idea in a hurry. Love my area, very little bugs.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I imagine so. I am baffled by the paperwork he has to do and has done. this is not his first storm. I am also baffled by the amount of paperwork all the house insurance companies have to do etc. But of course does not pale at the huge stress on those folks, and the deaths of many. Friend of mine bought a house in Florida couple years ago, she was saying the first thing anyone does down there is find out home insurance cost in that area, they are huge per year. Personally, would not want to live in Florida. Not forgetting North Carolina or South Carolina. We had gone looking in those two areas, and discovered one thing that we cannot tolerate, its called the Bug line, some where just inside of South Carolina is when in the summer bugs come out like crazy. The folks wear dryer softener sheets in their hats to keep them away. They say you can see clouds of them just moving about. So we nixed that idea in a hurry. Love my area, very little bugs.
I have never heard it so accurately described as "The Bug Line". Brilliant!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I have made SEVERAL trips into the Southport, Youngstown and Lynn Haven areas (all well within 10 miles of P.C) since the hurricane for the company I work for. The devastation is unbelievable and THESE eyeballs, that have been wandering around on this big blue ball for 65+ years has NEVER gazed on destruction of this magnitude and scope before. Recovery, at this point to me, seems unsurmountable.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I have made SEVERAL trips into the Southport, Youngstown and Lynn Haven areas (all well within 10 miles of P.C) since the hurricane for the company I work for. The devastation is unbelievable and THESE eyeballs, that have been wandering around on this big blue ball for 65+ years has NEVER gazed on destruction of this magnitude and scope before. Recovery, at this point to me, seems unsurmountable.
Recovery is the wrong word. They are starting over.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Recovery is the wrong word. They are starting over.
IT was said on one of the news casts that it would take a generation to rebuilt. and from the looks of what I have seen looks that way. just getting rid of the wreckage. the other thing, what if another hits again in that area during this process, it could happen. Sad for them all.

Ask a Question