UNKNOWN FICUS

Reaction score
Country
Ecuador
IMG_0070.jpeg

Hi guys! Greetings from Ecuador. I saw this plant in an excursion few days ago, I liked it and brought it with me… But because of the transportation and stuff got a little damaged but seems like it is recovering its life again… The thing is, I would really like to know what is the name of this plant, I’m almost sure that’s a species of ficus but I don’t know which one… Would be great if anyone could help me identifying this plant… Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_0069.jpeg
    IMG_0069.jpeg
    101.6 KB · Views: 7
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forums @adrian26 :) I really don't think it is a ficus. It looks much more like one of the polygonum family to me.

1681942821318.png
there are many varieties. If you wait for a flower, we may be able to make a better identification.

Reaction score
Country
Ecuador
Welcome to the forums @adrian26 :) I really don't think it is a ficus. It looks much more like one of the polygonum family to me.

View attachment 95553 there are many varieties. If you wait for a flower, we may be able to make a better identification.
Hi! Thanks for the welcoming. Well, you’ll see… I’m pretty sure is a ficus or at least some kind of thing related to that specific family because of the way the stems grow and also it exudes latex! but if not, I’ll let you know later on

Ask a Question