Unknown plant growing surprisingly successfully.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
20220727_112916.jpg
Hello there.
So I have this plant here as you can hopefully see. I can't remember it's name. I have already had to replant it as it is growing wonderfully. However I am not sure what to do now. It's bottom branches are all coming out nicely. Do I wrap them all around the woven pillar? Or around themselves?
All advice gratefully received.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
View attachment 92181Hello there.
So I have this plant here as you can hopefully see. I can't remember it's name. I have already had to replant it as it is growing wonderfully. However I am not sure what to do now. It's bottom branches are all coming out nicely. Do I wrap them all around the woven pillar? Or around themselves?
All advice gratefully received.
I believe that's a pothos plant (or a variety of it)! Classic house plant that are super easy to grow. My first introduction to learning how to keep a plant alive. The tops will keep sprawling up the pole, but usually the bottoms will just continue to bush out like that, and it may be difficult to pull them through the bush and up to the pole. You could just cut those off, and the plant will focus more energy on the top branches. Or you could start trellising those bottom branches along the wall or hang them. These are really fun plants to manipulate and customize. Here's the one I have in my office. I just let it hang and do it's thing.
IMG_7146.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yes its a pothos plant ,Pothos is very popular due to the fact that it can be grown in water or in dry soil. Cuttings can be taken from a mother plant and rooted in water and kept in water as a houseplant.

Ask a Question