Unknown pest on snake plant new shoots

Reaction score
Country
Iran, Islamic Republic Of
Hey guys, Hi

I'm a snake-plant lover and have some varieties of it. Recently I have a problem with the dwarf varieties specially on new shoots. There have been a pest which is very tiny and only can be seen by magnifier. They are in white and brown colors and lives where the leaves touch each other, so at the touching area it starts to destroy both leaves and pierce them. At early stages, they are not noticeable unless you move the leaves and examine both sides of them and see the brown spot between on them. If they develop more, then you will be able to see the brown spot from the other side of the leaf. It seems that they tend to eat the new leaves which are softer than the old ones. At first I thought they are still and not moving but by means of a magnifier, hardly could I see them moving. Since in snake plants all the leaves touch each other at the base, these pests mostly live there and if you don't spot them very soon they will pierce all the leaves from the base near to rhizome. Unfortunately this pest have destroyed two of my dwarf snake plants and I'm worried if it affects the other plants near them. I want to know what this pest is and how to manage and prevent the other plants from being affected. I must mention that this pest does not affect the open sides of the leaves where there is no touching with other leaves. I would appreciate if anyone helps me to know this pest.

Thanks

IMG_20220812_154220497.jpg

11e31158-d6dd-43f9-a62e-d816503b1fa6.jpg
IMG_20220812_154420012.jpg

Ask a Question