Ugly gardens,tacky garden art and garden "fails"

Reaction score
I've always hated garden gnomes:p

Here is something funny, a duck-shaped shrub:

100_9398.jpg

How do you feel about it? Personally, I find it tacky:eek:

I hate the wire fence around it, and I think it's weird that there's one lone duck. It might look cuter if it was a mother duck and ducklings.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
How do you feel about these shells turned into tiny flower pots? Personally, I find them creepy. I'm wondering what happened to poor snails:eek:

activity-beach-landshell-shell-sigthseing-beachcombing-shell-pot-flower.jpg

I really hate this idea! I don't find it pretty at all.

Reaction score
Although I'm not keen on the idea of using snail shells myself - think its quite a novel idea - but have to wonder if its worth the effort - especially as it was probably quite awkward to do - considering that it won't be too long before those plants have totally obscured the shell anyway.

How about this rather strange idea - not sure what to make of it :confused: can you work it out ?

Unusual pots - hand and foot.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Oh my:eek::eek: I would be rather scared if I saw something like this in my neighbor's garden.
I think that it was inspired by The Walking Dead, or other zombie TV shows, haha:LOL:. Or maybe it's a Halloween decoration, who knows. Either way, it's hideous:p

Reaction score
Haha claudine - I too - would avoid visiting anyone whose garden greeted me with a sight like this and think I would be very rapidly running in the opposite direction :eek: whatever the bizarre reason was for creating such a grotesque scene and apart from the reasons you've already mentioned - can only think that they may have - either been competing with or had joined forces with a neighbor - who had this in their garden

Ugly garden ornament.jpg

which I think is just as hideous and wouldn't want to encounter this particular garden ornament - at any time - and most definitely not at night :eek:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Wow, this figure is even worse than the body parts sticking out from flower pots. What is this? It looks like a psychedelic garden gnome who lost his hat and killed all his friends and owners:eek:
It's too scary!:p

Reaction score
Although I'm not keen on the idea of using snail shells myself - think its quite a novel idea - but have to wonder if its worth the effort - especially as it was probably quite awkward to do - considering that it won't be too long before those plants have totally obscured the shell anyway.

How about this rather strange idea - not sure what to make of it :confused: can you work it out ?

View attachment 2282
Those mannequin parts sticking out of the plants are creepy and I would be kind of freaked out if I saw them at night. This is more disturbing than whimsical.

Reaction score
Some of the pictures posted are absolutely umm, unique, in their own way. I don't find myself ever needing to have anything in the above nature. I couldn't justify stupid in some of these.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
How do you feel about this planter?:

full_9858_25006_CreepyGardenPlanter_1.jpg

In my opinion it's completely creepy. I can't imagine that someone would want to have something like this in his garden. It seems like something perfect for a psychopatho_O

Here are smiling rocks, haha:

6943976726_430e040fb9_z.jpg

Reaction score
Here are smiling rocks, haha:

6943976726_430e040fb9_z.jpg

Those rocks look really creepy! I can imagine children or people getting scare at night if they have never seen those things before :p They look quite interesting tho, but I'd never consider having those in my garden... maybe as a Halloween decoration ;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Those rocks look really creepy! I can imagine children or people getting scare at night if they have never seen those things before :p They look quite interesting tho, but I'd never consider having those in my garden... maybe as a Halloween decoration ;)
I wouldn't want them in my garden either. I'm not a child, but I'm sure I'd be a little scared of them, especially at night. They look like they could eat someone, lol. I'm wondering why they don't have eyes. It makes them even more creepy:alien:

Reaction score
WHY? Good lord, those would creep me out so badly.

They remind me a bit of these ugly frowning face statues that they have on the Embarcadero in San Francisco, those things are so ugly. I guess at least these are smiling.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I've never been to San Francisco, so I can only imagine it. I must say that frowning face statues sound rather creepy;)
Here is a hilarious alternative to garden gnomes:

Wobbling-meerkat-garden-o-001.jpg

They look like they're scared of something;)

Reaction score
I found some photos of the frowny faces I was talking about. Apparently they're called Eggheads and are reproductions of yet another set from UC Davis. De gustibus, I guess.

IMG_5488.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
I have a glowing solar skull in one of my beds. It was originally a Halloween decoration until I found out it creeped out my neighbor who I don't like.. it became a permanent fixture and is point to look at her every time she comes out in her back yard. The zombie gnome will probably also take up permanent residence now that I know she also hates zombies

Ask a Question